The many reviews of this hotel generally convey a fair impression. The best beach we saw in St. Lucia is a few steps from the front with views over the beautiful Rodney Bay looking out to Pigeon Island. The gardens are attractive and well maintained, although sadly the best area is in a part of the hotel complex which is currently largely unoccupied.
The rooms are perfectly respectable though parts of the hotel are somewhat faded in the old colonial style. The staff are mostly very friendly and helpful.
The food is presented buffet style and there is usually something tasty. It is great for breakfast overlooking the waves. The Oriental Restaurant in the hotel is advertised as available if booked before 3pm though we were then told it was full for the next two nights so if you want onsite variety you need book early.
The all inclusive style for food and drink has the benefit of not needing cash and a never ending supply of rum cocktails, at a cost of being tagged!
Economics has necessitated trawling a wider range of guests, which has led to the need to avoid a few ill-mannered elements around the hotel, though this has not discouraged returnees, UK and North American, many of whom have been coming back for 20 years. That is some compliment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by one of the most popular beaches in St Lucia and backed by charismatic Rodney Bay, the St Lucian by Rex Resorts has an unrivalled location on the Caribbean shore of this beautiful island. By day, the focus is on the stunning sandy beach where the glistening Caribbean waters tempt paddlers, swimmers and sporting enthusiasts from their sun-loungers. Enjoy international cuisine at the Mariners Restaurant which affords spectacular views across the sea. After dinner, experience the unique mix of local and cosmopolitan nightlife at a choice of atmospheric bars in Rodney Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, West Indies, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your St. Lucian by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Lucian By Rex Hotel Castries
- St Lucian Rex Resorts
- Rex St Lucian
- St. Lucian By Rex Resorts St. Lucia/Gros Islet