My husband and I had been looking forward to our honeymoon after reading all the wonderful reviews...and we weren't disappointed!
We were welcomed to the resort from the moment we arrived, and taken care of until the end of our trip. The staff are very sweet and we had some fun dancing one night with a bunch of them to the sounds of the song, 'Coconuts', along with another couple. And that was a big part of our trip - not only were the staff friendly, but so were the other guests. If you desired, you could make friends on this trip, as we did. And at the least, you would always hear a friendly, 'hello', as you walked from your cottage to the pool or beach. Due to it's intimate size, you really could get to know people here, or you could be on your own in your private world.
There was a mixed group during our 10 day stay, from young couples in their 20s on honeymoon to older couples who had been married for decades. I felt very comfortable there as a 30-something year old.
We enjoyed all the meals - so yummy! And the fact that you could have whatever drink you wanted from 10am until quite late. Titus, who tended to serve bar in the Clubhouse, is well known for his drinks. My husband says you MUST ask for the 'Ground Smurf', a drink Titus came up with for him and another guest. But if that doesn't sound like it's for you, Titus will make you anything you want.
The serve-your-own bar by the pool was a godsend - you could make just about anything, and included both name brand liquors & beer as well as juices and soft drinks. If you are a beer drinker, do try the Piton beer - it's fantastic!
Mosquitos were a problem, but that was due more to not having the right type of spray for my legs...we didn't have one in our room with the air and fan going (as well as the spray in the room). We were told that the green OFF can is the one to use...too bad you can't buy it in the UK...but you could get it in supermarkets in St Lucia.
Tours I'd suggest - definitely do the Brig Unicorn all day sail. We had a great time! And if you can go scuba diving, do it through Scuba St Lucia at Anse Chastanet Resort...if you are lucky, you'll get to try it out with oldest working diver!
I hope that someday we can return to East Winds. It was a wonderfully relaxing place to have sun and sand!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Saint Lucia’s best kept secret and immerse yourself in true Caribbean luxury. East Winds Saint Lucia is a breathtaking garden-by-the-sea, planted on the island's most picturesque sandy bay. Our Island Hideaway is Saint Lucia's original boutique resort featuring 30 cottage style suites, tucked away amongst lush plants, trees and a kaleidoscope of colourful bird-life. East Winds is home to what many consider the finest beach on the island and our guests share it with very few others just like them; travellers looking for personalised care and all-inclusive service in the most authentic of Caribbean experiences. Come experience the Caribbean the way it was meant to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, West Indies, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your East Winds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds St. Lucia/Gros Islet