We take a trip with extended family each year during the summer for 5-7 day and this year I thought we should go to the Caribbean and stay at an all-inclusive resort. On Trip Advisor there was a list of the 10 best all-inclusives and I chose The East Winds Inn from that group. We did not know what to expect. You drive down a narrow lane to a gravel entrance with a guard gate. Inside waiting for us was a small treasure resort that is understated but elegant. The attention to detail is perfect. Gareth and his staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the grounds beautiful. Our favorite things were the pool area with the swim up self serve bar, the open air restaurant on the beach, the comfortable lounge for gaming and after dinner chat and the comfortable slow pace of the resort. When we got there, we were given a rum drink and shown around by a staff member. Our cottage had a nice king bed, a sunken shower and a porch sitting area with a fridge stocked daily with beer, water and soft drinks.
The whole day revolves around the food. Breakfast is prepared for you and made to order. Lunch is usually a gourmet buffet with many excellent choices and dinner was a bit dress up with either a cookout on the beach with prawns, tuna, salmon or ribs or an off the menu experience that changed everyday and was very interesting in its selections. Several wine choices were offered and dessert was always tasty including the seemingly endless selection of ice creams if the cheese cake or lemon pie wasn't enough. Afternoon tea in this UK inspired place was not to be missed as well with scones, cakes and assorted beverages set out at poolside.
We all agreed that the food preparation, presentation and delivery were the best we had ever experienced while traveling.
We have already discussed a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Saint Lucia’s best kept secret and immerse yourself in true Caribbean luxury. East Winds Saint Lucia is a breathtaking garden-by-the-sea, planted on the island's most picturesque sandy bay. Our Island Hideaway is Saint Lucia's original boutique resort featuring 30 cottage style suites, tucked away amongst lush plants, trees and a kaleidoscope of colourful bird-life. East Winds is home to what many consider the finest beach on the island and our guests share it with very few others just like them; travellers looking for personalised care and all-inclusive service in the most authentic of Caribbean experiences. Come experience the Caribbean the way it was meant to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, West Indies, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your East Winds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds St. Lucia/Gros Islet