Difficult to add to the amazing complimentary reviews of this hotel in paradise, except that they all reflect on the wonderful ambience of this hotel.
It is hard to imagine anywhere that beats the relaxing atmosphere there or the incredibly friendly service from all staff at all times.
It is a joy to wander around the excellently maintained gardens, and speak to the Head Gardener who has great pride in his project. Although there are 30 bungalows/rooms the layout within the gardens you almost feel you are in your own individual garden. The birdlife and sounds of the insects/birds/frogs just add to the relaxing feel of the place.
The all inclusive catering couldn't be faulted - breakfast provided locally produced fruits, and omelets to order and plenty of other options. Lunch also provides plenty of options and variety from day to day, including deliciously BBQ'd fresh fish/meat.
The highlight of the day is the evening meal - limited to 3 choices for each of the 4 courses, but most days we were still spoilt for choice. Most evenings some much appreciated low key musical accompaniment added to the night.
Ample refreshments of all description were available throughout the day, including a help yourself swim up bar (perhaps a reflection of the clientele was that the only drink we noticed running out was sparkling mineral water)
Our first time in St Lucia was not a disappointment either - grown up children loved the zip wiring in the tropical rain forest.
For a family that usually goes somewhere different every year we plan to make an exception with the East Winds, and look forward to return visit in the near future
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Saint Lucia’s best kept secret and immerse yourself in true Caribbean luxury. East Winds Saint Lucia is a breathtaking garden-by-the-sea, planted on the island's most picturesque sandy bay. Our Island Hideaway is Saint Lucia's original boutique resort featuring 30 cottage style suites, tucked away amongst lush plants, trees and a kaleidoscope of colourful bird-life. East Winds is home to what many consider the finest beach on the island and our guests share it with very few others just like them; travellers looking for personalised care and all-inclusive service in the most authentic of Caribbean experiences. Come experience the Caribbean the way it was meant to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, West Indies, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your East Winds Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds Inn St. Lucia/Gros Islet