Have been back just over a week and wish we were still there!
As mentioned numerous times before ALL the staff are lovely, really friendly and helpful, even the ones in the background (gardeners, security, maintenance). Had a really informative tour of the beautiful gardens by the head gardener who knew absolutely everything about all the plants.
We had stayed 5 years earlier for our 35th Wedding Anniversary and chose to return for our 40th. We had Room 21 on the first occasion and requested this one again if available (which it was) as it gave you a chance to walk off the delicious meals that were always on offer! We were particularly pleased to have some of our favourite wines offered as well. Neither of us was hungry the whole time we were there as there was a vast cholce for breakfast and Paula would happily do your eggs however you wanted them. Lunchtimes there was also a good selection to choose from and the ice cream selection was always delicious. There was also a 'Cocktail of the day' which was nice and new from our previous visit.
It was also nice to see that Thomas (resident cat) was also still there although getting old now and Eric the parrot (sadly Mac his companion was not) who would usually say hello in exchange for a tickle of his feathers.
We met some very nice other couples either first timers or returnees who we enjoyed some interesting conversations with and sometimes shared a dinner table. The two painists were excellent, the one who also sang was exceptional for our little group and all the other entertainers were very good especially the Saturday barbecue steel band.
There are also 2 Hobie Cats that are available on a first come first served basis either DIY if you are experienced or with either of the friendly beach lads who will gladly do the sailing for you if you are inexperienced for a real treat round the bay.
Hopefully it will not be so long before we return again as this is a gem of a place if you like a quiet relaxed holiday, as another guest said 'You pay for what you don't get!' so if you want loud organised activities and disco music this is not the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Saint Lucia’s best kept secret and immerse yourself in true Caribbean luxury. East Winds Saint Lucia is a breathtaking garden-by-the-sea, planted on the island's most picturesque sandy bay. Our Island Hideaway is Saint Lucia's original boutique resort featuring 30 cottage style suites, tucked away amongst lush plants, trees and a kaleidoscope of colourful bird-life. East Winds is home to what many consider the finest beach on the island and our guests share it with very few others just like them; travellers looking for personalised care and all-inclusive service in the most authentic of Caribbean experiences. Come experience the Caribbean the way it was meant to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia and Cancelon so you can book your East Winds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds St. Lucia/Gros Islet