When you think of a perfect vacation, a dream come true, heaven on earth, write it down on a piece of paper and put it in a bottle and toss it in to the ocean. This is where it will float to. We left the states for St. Lucia on July 5th never having been to this part of the Caribbean, but anxious to get away from all the stress and just relax. When we arrived Rochelle offered Rum Punch to start off the vacation. Relaxation was a sip away. As she toured the grounds with us we become more and more excited at our choice. Our luggage was placed in our rooms while we chatted and discovered all the lush gardens, beautifully landscaped pool with swim up bar, additional bars, sitting areas and their restaurant with a view of their sparkling beach and endless water so blue you would swear they colored it. The sunsets in the evening only Monet could paint. Water sport equipment was available to us and included in the inclusive package. Our room was incredible! Our deluxe cabin greeted us with a front porch facing gorgeous foliage, a comfortable table and chairs, refrigerator stocked with drinks and coffee and tea for our pleasure. The bedroom was spacious and elegant. The bathroom shower was sunken with screens for a outdoor shower feel with indoor privacy. And to tickle your taste buds, a fresh fruit basket filled with local fruits upon your arrival. We were thrilled! Tea time was at 4pm each day by the pool. What a treat. As for the meals, lets just say expect to go on a diet when you get home and don't worry about it because it will be sooooo worth it. Breakfast was filled with tropical fruits, flaky croissants and lots of custom made to your liking egg dishes, pancakes, potatoes, bacon, sausage and yes even pork and beans. Lunch gave you choices of several salads, grilled and prepared hot dishes as well as assorted fruits, meats and cheeses. Dinner was a masterpiece! Four courses with 3 selections each of delicious appetizers, soup, salad or pasta, main coarse and desserts. Each prepared by a master chef and paired with wonderful wines selected to compliment their menu. A surprise, especially prepared taste arrived before each meal. It was truly superb! Last but certainly not least was the staff. They were all truly first class. They will remember your name, your favorite drinks, where you sit, and if you have food allergies they will customize your food to meet your needs. You can even special order your menu. Our last day felt like we were leaving our close friends behind, sad, but anxious to return. East Winds is not a party location, so if you are looking for a high energy vacation look somewhere else. East Winds Inn is a place of relaxation, memorable sunsets and Island charm. Even Chantal was no match for East Winds Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Saint Lucia’s best kept secret and immerse yourself in true Caribbean luxury. East Winds Saint Lucia is a breathtaking garden-by-the-sea, planted on the island's most picturesque sandy bay. Our Island Hideaway is Saint Lucia's original boutique resort featuring 30 cottage style suites, tucked away amongst lush plants, trees and a kaleidoscope of colourful bird-life. East Winds is home to what many consider the finest beach on the island and our guests share it with very few others just like them; travellers looking for personalised care and all-inclusive service in the most authentic of Caribbean experiences. Come experience the Caribbean the way it was meant to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, West Indies, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your East Winds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds St. Lucia/Gros Islet