We've been at the East Winds Inn for our honeymoon and wedding renewal in 2011. This was by far the most beautiful and special place I've been for a long time.
If you're looking for a place where your entire day is all about relaxation, fantastic drinks and food, unpretentious luxury and around people that cherish it the way you do - go there!
To go there is quite a trip, we've came from California and flew in over Atlanta. At arrival we've been greeted by one of their drivers who took us over the entire island until we finally arrived there.
The East Winds Inn has 3 types of rooms, we chose the Deluxe Garden Cottages and think we made the best choice. The cheaper cottages are standing a bit closer to each other and don't have the bigger patios and outdoor shower (though they are still wonderful!) Another alternative is an ocean view room thats located in a bigger building at the beach which is more a hotel room than a cottage.
The EWI offers exceptional culinary all-inclusive. The All Inclusive here makes other AI hotels look ridiculous as you get spoiled by the best, most fresh and creative composed culinary experience you can image. Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner - we basically scheduled our day around these daily highlights.
I personally loved the evenings. They start with a glass of champagne or our favorite Rum Punch at the open bar. On some nights they even had a cocktail party with live music. You then go to the open restaurant, sitting close to the ocean and enjoying an every-day fantastic 5 course menu with corresponding wines. On every second day they also have a live musician or band playing for you. if you want to get a feeling how good the dinners are just think about this very special place you only go for very special occasions, that usually costs you a fortune but its worth it - its like that EVERY night at the East Winds Inn!
Our highlight was the weekly Lobster Barbecue - incredible.
Besides food and drinks we also loved taking the hotel owned catamaran out for a sail.
We've celebrated our wedding there and I can't thank Glenda and the entire team enough for making this day so special and relaxed for us. They've decorated the spot we've chose at the beach, brought some music and organized everything for us. We even got a wedding cake and they recommended a wonderful photographer who captured this day in all its beauty.
I can't wait to get back there, its a truly wonderful place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Saint Lucia’s best kept secret and immerse yourself in true Caribbean luxury. East Winds Saint Lucia is a breathtaking garden-by-the-sea, planted on the island's most picturesque sandy bay. Our Island Hideaway is Saint Lucia's original boutique resort featuring 30 cottage style suites, tucked away amongst lush plants, trees and a kaleidoscope of colourful bird-life. East Winds is home to what many consider the finest beach on the island and our guests share it with very few others just like them; travellers looking for personalised care and all-inclusive service in the most authentic of Caribbean experiences. Come experience the Caribbean the way it was meant to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, West Indies, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your East Winds Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds Inn St. Lucia/Gros Islet