Having seen all the trip advisor reviews, I knew we were in for something special and I was right. we have never been on an all inclusive holiday before as we usually do more explorative trips around various places, mainly the US, but we were in dire need of a quiet break, so we chose East Winds. we hate impersonal hotels where you could be anywhere in the world, so we really appreciated the tranquil informal elegance of East Winds.
there is not much I can add to what other reviewers have said, except to say everything was beyond perfect. the food was so fresh and delicious, especially the lobster which we enjoyed plenty of! it was creative with subtle flavours which enhanced the fresh food, rather than horrible overly sauced food which you get in some hotels. Staff were incredible, so friendly and helpful. thanks to you all, so much. The gardens are kept beautifully and really add to the ambience of the place. I hope this never changes, because many hotels would seek to sqeeze in as many apartments as possible rather than keep the large grounds. the wine and spirits were of really good quality - as another reviewer said, I had expected cheaper brands which would have been fine, but we were very impressed with the great quality selection. Titus, Tim, Kirwin and all the bar staff were great at making innovative tasty cocktails and were so funny and friendly.
The watersports were great and the staff helpful and friendly. We especially liked the hobie cats. Snorkelling was good too, and if you go round the bay to the beach at windjammer, you may find the octopus we saw there! We didn't see the sea horses though unfortunately. I loved our room, the shower, the well chosen furniture, everything really. Hotel entertainment was lovely and not in your face, just complimentary to the general ambience. the sunhuts on the beach were great and plentiful. The swimming pool looked great too though we couldn't tear ourselves away from the beach to use it!
You can do as much or as little as you want at East Winds, it's up to you. We spent a lot of time just relaxing, but reception will tell you about various trips you can take if you want more stimulation. We did a lovely boat trip to the Pitons, volcano, botanic gardens and plantation, and we also did zip wiring which was fantastic. Yoga was good and the Pilates really excellent, thank you Nikita for all your efforts( and you were right, it really is the best way to get over a hangover!) the pavillion where these classes were held is lovely and spacious.
the sunsets which we watched every night were some of the most beautiful we have ever seen.
We met some lovely people at East Winds too.
I am sure we will be back, thanks again for making our holiday really special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Saint Lucia’s best kept secret and immerse yourself in true Caribbean luxury. East Winds Saint Lucia is a breathtaking garden-by-the-sea, planted on the island's most picturesque sandy bay. Our Island Hideaway is Saint Lucia's original boutique resort featuring 30 cottage style suites, tucked away amongst lush plants, trees and a kaleidoscope of colourful bird-life. East Winds is home to what many consider the finest beach on the island and our guests share it with very few others just like them; travellers looking for personalised care and all-inclusive service in the most authentic of Caribbean experiences. Come experience the Caribbean the way it was meant to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, West Indies, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your East Winds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds St. Lucia/Gros Islet