We went to this little touch of paradise last November for our honeymoon. Our choice was based on few things, we wanted a beautiful, romantic and peaceful place with the possibility to go around the island and do some activities. Of course Tripadvisor reviews have been very important.
We stayed for a week and the weather was fine, rain for few minutes during the day did not stop us to enjoy the beach or swim...
We sent a couple of email to Glenda, the reservation manager, and immediately we had a feeling to have chose the right place. From the airport we took the taxi and driving through the island was a nice experience even if of course takes much more time that helicopter. You pass through little villages, ocean sight, banana plantations and the amazing rain forest...cool start.
We arrived there and it has been immediately "love". The resort is absolutely fantastic. They kindly upgraded our room so we stayed in Ocean view one which was so nice and of course with a fantastic view of the beach.
The first think we noticed was the beautiful gardens with several different kind of trees, flowers and plants which surround the cottages. It s so nice when you are going to have breakfast walking being sunken by all those colors.
The restaurant is right to the beach, we had fantastic "aperitivi" watching the beautiful sunset down to the beach. The food is so nice and fresh. Every day they delight you with different kind of fresh fruits. Delicious pancakes and some hot dish on ordered.
Lunch, dinners absolutely tasty, red, white or rosè selection is perfect ,all of them are very nice. They prepare even Caribbean dish and we really appreciate that. The all staff is so professional and kind, I liked the fact they love what they do and this for me is the reason they are doing it so good.
Like honeymooners we had the possibility to have a very romantic dinner under a secluded gazebo, fantastic food and Champagne.
Don't aspect long white beach, Santa Lucia is a Volcanic island but here the sand is not black like in other place but not white like in other artificial beach. Have a look at the photos.
...swim up bar with self service cocktails...my wife likes to run and the run truck around the resort was perfect...Hobbie cats, first experience for me and the friendly guys teach you in a lesson and tell you interesting thing about the island...piano bar...I don't want to repeat what the other people wrote but it is just the truth!!
I really understand why people come here again.
We asked them to organize for us the trip to the Pitons and that was very nice. We took the taxi early in the morning, climb the Pitons with a nice local guide and had a simple, nice, Caribbean lunch. There are a lot of activities you can chose around the island and we like Santa Lucia even for this.
In East Wind Inn you are not just a number room and Gareth, Glenda and all the staff is friendly, nice and help you if you need anything.
They welcome you like a family and at the same time you have your proper privacy to relax and enjoy the unique Caribbean atmosphere...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Saint Lucia’s best kept secret and immerse yourself in true Caribbean luxury. East Winds Saint Lucia is a breathtaking garden-by-the-sea, planted on the island's most picturesque sandy bay. Our Island Hideaway is Saint Lucia's original boutique resort featuring 30 cottage style suites, tucked away amongst lush plants, trees and a kaleidoscope of colourful bird-life. East Winds is home to what many consider the finest beach on the island and our guests share it with very few others just like them; travellers looking for personalised care and all-inclusive service in the most authentic of Caribbean experiences. Come experience the Caribbean the way it was meant to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, West Indies, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your East Winds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds St. Lucia/Gros Islet