“Zip Line Exciting - Tram Educational”

Rain Forest Aerial Trams
Book In Advance
More Info
$95.00*
and up
Rainforest Adventures St Lucia Aerial Tram and Zipline Tour
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Our group went to the Rain Forest Zip Line & Aerial Trams and had a blast. At least the zip liners did.... The younger guys 16 to 50 did the zip line. I'd done one before and this was actually safer and more exhilarating than any I'd ever done. They have a couple of surprises above and beyond a standard zip line experience. Our guides were very nice. A couple of the events required additional guides stationed on them and they were nicely asking for tips. My wife and father-in-law did the tram and they really liked it. Very relaxed. You move along though the forest at first and then you rise up above the forest as well. Both events get a rum punch after you are done. They have a nice gift shop and snack bar.

2  Thank bobjrcomptree
There are newer reviews for Rain Forest Aerial Trams

Reviewed January 9, 2010

Have a slight fear of heights...then do this tour! Why...the staff is great and will assist you through the zip lines -- (Alcee, you were great!!!). The tour begins with a brief training on a sample zip line. While waiting your turn, you must look around at all the different birds, including the beautiful hummingbirds. Then you'll ride the gondola up to the top which take about 40 minutes. I can't say there is much to see other than foilage and some unique trees...don't expect to see any rainforest animals.
Once off the gondola you'll take a brief walk to the first zip line. There are presently 10 zip lines, one right after the other. On the last zip line, which is the longest, our lead guide, Alcee, went down with me -- it was absolutely great fun hollering all the way down! At the end of the zip lines you take the trail back up to the gondola for another 40 minute ride back down the mountain. You'll see greater views of the water and towns in the distance.
I wouldn't recommend the tranopy tour (gondola and zip lines) if you are not somewhat physically fit. If you are not certain you can manage the zip lines, ask them once you get there. If you aren't able to do it, then you can do the aerial tour, riding the gondola up and then back down but you won't be with the rest of your group. There is a nice garden and open place for that person to wait for you...which could be a while depending on how busy they are.
I felt the gondola ride back down could provide a bit of humor if the company would strategically place some fictious things hanging from the trees (add a bit of Disney-like features: i.e., a fake boa constrictor strangeling a "lost" participant, a monkey swinging from the vines (oh no, this island isn't supposed to have any monkeys!), a zipliner participant hanging upside down, Tarzan waving from his treetop hideaway, a parrot that talks to you, etc. -- I understand the need to preserve the rainforest and don't want to offend anyone with these suggestions but I don't believe these additions would take away from the beauty of the island's rainforest.
The company was working on a new zip line, obstacle course which I think is ideal for those seeking a greater challenge.
Have fun!

2  Thank sandandsunloverMD
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We just returned from a Carnival Cruise on Victory where we booked a side trip through shoretrips.com to the rainforest canopy zip line. We saved a lot of money booking through the .com but it was a little more difficult to find our representatives after getting off of the ship. The bus ride there and our guide "nicknamed Simple" was very fun. I was concerned about safety after reading about an accident in the Carribean earlier this year, but my fears were quickly calmed when I saw that I personally could verify each attachment to the lines with a 4 step safety check. It was awesome. I weighed about 165 (until I returned from the cruise :) and my husband is about 215. I was nervous watching some of the heavier participants and found the steep inclines difficult at times. I'm a moderate exerciser...maybe 3 times a week...but if you're really out of shape, skip this one!

4  Thank bethmcclary
Reviewed November 13, 2009

Difficult to find via rental car. Poor signage. Its a pretty ride. Didnt see much wildlife. A couple small birds(nothing like parrots or anything) Butterflies and humming birds.

1  Thank veloche
Reviewed June 27, 2009

Rainforest Aerial Tram Tours offer a not-to-be-missed experience in the rainforest canopy of St. Lucia -- the Tranopy tour, which combines an aerial tram ride, with ziplining.
The tram ride, up Mt. Sorciere, provides a wonderful nature excursion. Knowledgeable and friendly guides offer commentary on many of the flora and fauna that dwell in the rainforest.
At the top of the tram, the Tranopy tour participants partake in an exhilarating zip-line jaunt across 10 lines, strung from treetop-to-treetop in the rainforest canopy.
This is a terrific way to learn about and experience one of the planet's endangered habitats -- the tropical rainforest. The tour operator company has taken significant measures to minimize the impact of the touring, while, at the same time, heightening awareness of the issues relating to the plight of the remaining rainforests around the globe.
If you're going to St. Lucia, do yourself a favor, and book one of these unforgettable tours. (See a 3-minute _video_ under my TripAdvisor profile, "jimbojet".) Have Fun, Stay Cool...!

5  Thank jimbojet