“Went on Simon's tour July 6th. It was...”
Review of Simon Says Tours

Simon Says Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
“Went on Simon's tour July 6th. It was...”
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Went on Simon's tour July 6th. It was everything he said it would be. Captain Mango took care of everything for us from taxi to volcano, lunch at a local cafe, a personal tour guide thru Soufriere for shopping plus snorkeling between the Pitons for an hour. Capt. Mango told us of all the history of the different sights viewable from the water. Took us thru Marigot Bay and explained the history of the island and the different bays. Boat ride was a little rough because of the weather but when you look over and see 20 people crammed on a boat and it's just the 4 of you and your guide, it's worth every dollar. Would highly recommend!

Lexington, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not as advertised”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

My husband and I were just in St Lucia for our honeymoon. Simon Says tours was recommended by friends who had been on the tour and his reviews were fantastic. Just before we arrived in St Lucia, we found out that Simon started working FOR Sandals, rather than just working on the beach. We found Simon almost immediately and asked about his tour and he said that he still offered the island tour even though he was working for Sandals. We scheduled the tour for one of our last days on the island thinking it would be the highlight of our honeymoon. We were careful to ask what the tour included and what would happen if we were the only couple signing up. The tour is supposed to be a boat ride down the coast with a guide (Simon) pointing out famous scenery/houses and giving some history. The tour then meets a van that takes us into the volcano/sulfur springs. We then go to the Ladera Resort where Simon gets snorkeling gear so we can snorkel between the PItons. We then visit Toraille Falls and the Piton waterfall and the mineral springs before heading to Simon's house for lunch - his wife cooks an incredible meal for the tour participants. We then meet the boat and ride back up to the resort. We were told all of this would still happen if we were the only couple signing up.

On the day of the tour, Simon called our room (at 7am) to tell us that a taxi (NOT a boat) would pick us up just outside the gates. We thought the taxi was taking us to a rendezvous point with Simon but we were sadly mistaken. We literally had a taxi ride to Soufriere. We stopped once so our driver could get a bottle of water and a second time for him to get some cookies for himself.

Almost immediately our driver informed us that Simon had told him not to take us to the volcano/sulfur springs. We never got an explanation. He then told us that he was supposed to take us to two waterfalls but that, in his opinion, the Piton waterfall was not worth it so he was only going to take us to Toraille Falls. We were not taken to Ladera resort but a tiny bay where we were told to get into a tiny boat that would take us to the snorkel spot. We had to ask repeatedly for snorkel gear and we only got one set that worked. One mask was too big for either of us to use. (We are divers so we are pretty good at making gear work if it's slightly big or small but this was outrageous). Our boat picked us back up an hour later and we road in pouring rain back to meet our taxi driver. We were soaking wet (as was all of our belongings) and we headed to Toraille Falls. The next stop was lunch - at a restaurant - not Simon's house. After lunch, our driver told us we could either head back to the resort or go to the mineral springs. We chose to get something out of the tour so we asked to go to the mineral springs. Once we arrived, a "guide" met us to walk us down to the springs. At the bottom, she proceeded to ask us for money, which we did not have. We got into the pool and when we looked up, our guide was stripping and getting into another pool - completely naked and about 6 months pregnant. We were extremely uncomfortable so we spent about 5 minutes longer then left.

We never saw Simon again to ask him why we had not been given the tour we had paid for. All in all, we were expecting the time of our lives and this tour just didn't deliver. Simon did not give us the tour he had promised. As long as Simon is working for Sandals, I would NOT recommend that you book a tour with him.

1 Thank rasinger1
Miami
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Simon Says Tours a MUST don't even second guess it!!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2010

To those questioning whether or not to go with Simon question no more! Simon's tour was the highlight of our honeymoon in St. Lucia.

I had been to St. Lucia before and had visited the Pitons but the tour I took previously involved taking a Jeep through the winding streets of St. Lucia. However, Simon's Tour involves taking a boat ride which is much more enjoyable and interesting as his crew Kennedy and Mango speek about the History of the Island, point out all the hot spots from the different hotels, Star's homes, Marigot Bay, Pirates of the Caribbean Sail Boat and of course the Pitons.

You will definitely be prompted on the beach to attend other tours; however we quickly learned by discussing with other friends our tour with Simon's was the best as he not only took us there but we also experienced the mud bath from the volcano and the hot springs (which others did not...)

After the relaxing mud bath and springs, Simon's 2nd in command, Kennedy takes you to Simon's house where his wife cooks an amazing authentic St. Lucian meal which hits the spot 150% - I would've gone for second's even maybe 3rd's if I could have. DELICIOUS!

Lastly, back on the boat to the hotel with Mango and Kennedy. Mango is quick to quench your thrist with either Piton Beer, (the St. Lucian Beer) Rum Punch (which my husband could not get enough of!!!) or water throughout the ride back.

I was eager to write this review for Simon, Kennedy and Mango - not only do you have a beautiful island but your people are just as beautiful. My husband and I cannot wait to go back and we look forward in seeing you again. Thank you for a wonderful time! I am certain you will continue to be successful!
Kudos!!!!
Yoli and Andre (tour on June 3rd, 2010 from Sandals St. Lucia Grande)

summerville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“simon says rocks!”
Reviewed June 18, 2010

My husband & I just returned from Sandals Grande St. Lucian resort. Instead of booking one of the tours through Sandals, I booked one through Simon Says. He works in front of the Sandals Grande resort, on the beach. His tour was great! He had a great guy named Kennedy pick us up right on the beach in a boat. They show us different famous spots as we travel by boat to get to our van that would take us to the drive in volcano. We got to get in a mud bath, natural hot spring waterfalls & tubs. If we would have booked this excursion through Sandals, it would have been alot more people & I heard they did not get to do near as much as we did. After everything else, they took us to Simon's home where his wife cooked us a wonderful meal. He had plenty of drinks on the boat ride also. He also took us snorkeling between the Piton Mountains. I was a little hesitant to book something outside of Sandals, but I am glad that we did this tour with Simon says instead of Sandals. It was well worht the 100 per person!

Lacombe, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“This is was definetly worth it!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2010

My husband and I booked a trip throiugh simon says on April 28, 2010. We were staying at the Sandals grande. I have to say it was the highlight of our stay in St. Lucia. He was very kind and professional. The tour was amazing!! We had such a great time on this tour...it was great riding on a boat instead of driving all the way to the pitons, waterfalls, volcanoe, like some tours do.(since the roads are very windy and narow, some pepole get motion sickness) We seen the beautiful bays and did some great snorkling in the marine reserve. They feed us piton beer and rum punch...so good. We even went to Simons home and his wife made us some good ol creole food which was delicious!! I would recommend anyone this tour with Simon says...well worth it and a great way to see some of St Lucia's most beautiful highlights!!!
Thanks Simon...take care bud...Aimee and Dave from Canada!