“A full fun day !”

Simon Says Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were in st Lucia on my honeymoon and met Simon at the resort excursion desk.
He was warm and very informative about the excursion. The speed boat ride up the coast was fun and interesting. We were offered great rum punch and beer, all complimentary.
The view from the boat was stunning. The stop at Marigot Bay was interesting, the snorkelling
as well and the mud baths at Soufré was exhilirating as well as the dip at the waterfall.
The sandals photographer was there all along the way to capture it all and supply photos
to the guests. We had a delicious lunch as well. I really enjoyed the entire day, We had a lot of laughs. it was well worth it.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Easily one of the best activities we did on our Honeymoon, the Simon Says tour around St. Lucia is wonderful. You get to do a variety of activities, enjoy some local hospitality as well as endure your skin melting off inside a volcano. Almost kidding on that last part. First, we got picked up at our resort (Sandals Grande St. Lucian - see my review, what an amazing resort) and upon boarding got to choose whether we wanted a fantastic Piton beer (local lager, almost like a Corona but better) or the fabulous rum punch that they serve. When speeding through the bay and into the Caribbean Sea, you get to take in what a fabulous country St. Lucia is. The views were amazing and you could see the dolphins in the distance swimming as well.
Next, you stop to snorkel. This was great. They bring you to a place near the Jade Mountain resort (luxury to the nth degree) and get you all fit for your gear. The fish and marine life are incredible.
After finishing up your snorkeling adventure, they bring you to their capital city to board a van to take into the volcano. One of the only drive in volcano's in the world. First off, the smell is atrocious. Sulfur, Sulfur, Sulfur. It reeked of rotten eggs like you've never smelled before. But, I will say, it was beautiful. You are then taken down to a hot spring and mineral bath. Ok, here's where I had to pause. You get all wet by stepping into the "hot spring" (it's really run off from the volcano that passes through alot of volcanic rock. It's boiling hot. Simon tried telling us it was only 100 degrees Fahrenheit. I had to call him on that. No way was that only 100 degrees. I had to stop moving and even then it felt like my skin was peeling off. Anyhow, after immersing yourself in that you then are given a special volcanic rock to scrub onto your skin to form a mask. Think of it as a fancy all body skin peel. Once you are caked you then dip yourself back into the hot spring. Ouch. Only when the majority of your rock is melted away can you then get out and jump into the cold shower. I have never enjoyed a cold shower so much. But I can honestly say, in spite of the pain that was one of my favorite things on this excursion.
After everyone gets dried off and dressed he then takes you to his "wife's house" for an authentic St. Lucian meal. This was fantastic. The food was glorious. Almost like a curry but with a better flavor.
After savoring a fantastic meal you are then whisked back to your boat where you proceed to return to the resort. Was about a 6 hour adventure and worth every penny. The people on the tour were so nice, helpful and courteous that when I go back I will ask for everyone of them by name.

1  Thank MATTHEW H
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Having taken and enjoyed the Simon Says Tour while on his honeymoon in St. Lucia, my son booked this tour as part of our family's cruise celebrating my 60th birthday. First of all I would not recommend this tour if you are arriving in St. Lucia on board a cruise ship. The ships dock in Castries and the tour embarks from Soufriere on the opposite side of St. Lucia. Whoever said,"getting there is half the fun" never took the almost two hour cab ride or 45 minute bone jarring speedboat ride to get from the cruise ship dock in Castries to the tour starting point in Soufriere. It didn't help that Simon may "says" but he obviously doesn't write, at least appointment times and scheduled tours. When we arrived in St, Lucia on Wednesday, July 10th Simon was initially a no show because he thought our party of 7 was arriving on Thursday, July 8th. To his credit, Simon recouped fairly quickly resulting in the almost 2 hour taxi ride on winding mountain roads instead of the more leisurely ride on Simon's own tour boat which should have picked us up if the appointment had been properly kept. The substituted taxi ride, which was entertaining for the first 45 minutes, then became a mixture of tedium and terror as we ascended and descended mountain roads that often were bordered by a shear precipice. Upon finally arriving in Soufriere we were met by Simon who accompanied us to an impressive waterfall where we were invited to jump into the ice cold water at it's base (no thanks, if I want to jump into cold water I can do that at any beach in New York). Next stop was the volcanic mud baths, a truly fun and unique experience once you get past the stink of sulphur which will literally curl your nose hairs. I have to admit it was great fun bathing in the hot springs and applying the volcanic mud all over your body as a skin treatment. The cold shower at the end really made your skin feel invigorated!
Next stop was a surprisingly good lunch at a local restaurant followed by a return to Soufriere for the snorkeling trip aboard the rather small speedboat that Simon had hired to return us in time to our cruise ship. Honestly, I felt the snorkeling location was only mediocre and since Simon had blown our reservation, the crew and boat he hired for this last bit of the trip didn't have fins that fit my son or myself and it felt like and probably was, a tour put together at the last minute. As I mentioned, the snorkeling was followed by a high speed,bone jarring, teeth rattling 45 minute speedboat ride back to the cruise ship dock in Castries.
To be fair, my son and his wife had taken the Simon Says tour last year and loved it. I probably would have enjoyed it more too if it wasn't for the long commute and last minute arrangement feel due to Simon mistaking the tour date.

1  Thank SENTENCED2CBP
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was by far the best part of the vacation. We spent 6 hours and we did a number of excellent activities. We snorkelled, visit the Piton mountains, saw several villages, mud bath, went to a waterfall, and best of all some authentic island food. Well done Simon.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I liked the snorkeling the best but he entire experience was awesome. The food provided for lunch was very tasty. This tour is a must do and make sure you take a waterproof camera.