“One of our top three”

The Cliff at Cap Maison
Ranked #7 of 84 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Seafood, Caribbean, European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The Cliff at Cap Restaurant was famously hailed by The New York Times and is already one of the most highly sought after tables on the island. Located on the northwest coast in one of the Caribbean's most dramatic settings overlooking the surging Caribbean Sea. The kitchen at The Cliff at Cap is overseen by Welsh born Executive Chef Craig Jones, a St Lucian Chef of the Year recipient, who serves an inspired French West Indian contemporary menu. His nouveau French West Indian cuisine elegantly presents the bounty of St Lucia's fresh local farm produce and seafood readily sourced on this tropical island. The Cliff at Cap offers unobstructed views towards Martinique to the north and Pigeon Island to the West, and surrounded by the magnificent Caribbean sea, with sunsets to die for. The restaurant is open to non residents from breakfast to dinner with a dress code of smart casual.
Boston, Massachusetts
“One of our top three”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2009

Just returned from St. Lucia and had the chance to have breakfast and dinner at Cap Maison. A really nice restaurant, great setting overlooking the ocean, and the food was truly worth it. It was not any more expensive than any other fine dining restaurant on the island, especially considering the setting. The grounds are beautiful and if you have the chance, try the beach and snorkelling at Cap Maison beach. It is a little difficult to get to as there are really no signs pointing to it. Ask for directions to Le Sport as many people on the island are not familiar with Cap Maison.

Highly recommend.

1 Thank altin1

Crewe, United Kingdom
“Fine Dining With The Wow Factor !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2009

We went to "The Cliff "on Valentine's Day (evening) to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. We wanted somewhere special and we were not disappointed - it could not have been a better choice, following some great advice from one of the Destination Experts on the St Lucia forum.

The hotel itself is very impressive from what we saw of it - with its large, incredibly beautiful, Spanish styled villas and their plunge pools. However this place is not just great on style... this place has a feeling of real class too !
We dined early, to ensure that we had the benefit of the setting sun....it may not have the views of the Pitons, but the cliff top view and the constant swishing sound of the ocean below, made the perfect romantic atmosphere.
Dining early also meant we could take advantage of the availability of their special kids menu (Warning ! - its not quite so romantic to take your kids with you - but we didn't have an option !).
The food was, without doubt, the best we had sampled all holiday. The menu is contemporary with a Caribbean twist. We chose from a special set Valentine's Day menu - but we also saw the regular menu, and the decisions were hard to make ! The presentation was both creative and colourful and the quality of food was superb and importantly to me, was served hot. My only small negative was I would have preferred my steak to have been cooked rare, but was not asked how I would like it done - unfortunately, I was so over awed by the place I did not think to request it myself. No matter - it was still delicious. We had a citrus sorbet served between starter and main to clear the palate - nice touch which was appreciated after the spicy sauce that came with my prawn (shrimp) starter.
In sharp contrast with our experience at The Ladera's Dasheene restaurant (which was I have to say, a long way short of the mark on food quality, but all the way up there on price !), I'm please to report that, yes, a true "fine dining" experience is available on St. Lucia, if you come to this place !
The staff were all very pleasant, helpful and attentive from the our reception until we departed. Even more impressive that the owner Ross, to whom I had emailed some specific dining request in advance, came over to introduce himself, and personally check that all my dining requirements had been satisfactorily met. Call me old fashioned, but I do like a place that is run by someone who pays attention to detail - and Ross clearly is that kind of guy.
Now this place is not cheap to dine, but we felt that they more than justified their high price tag....besides which, I was always told, you don't eat out to save money - so if you are going to worry about the cost then please don't go there !
However, if you are thinking of treating yourself to only one up market dining experience during your stay on St. Lucia, or have something special to celebrate, then this is most definitely your place !

4 Thank jdybnsn