“Great restaurant with great views!”

The Cliff at Cap Maison
Ranked #13 of 84 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Cliff at Cap Restaurant was famously hailed by The New York Times and is already one of the most highly sought after tables on the island. Located on the northwest coast in one of the Caribbean's most dramatic settings overlooking the surging Caribbean Sea. The kitchen at The Cliff at Cap is overseen by Welsh born Executive Chef Craig Jones, a St Lucian Chef of the Year recipient, who serves an inspired French West Indian contemporary menu. His nouveau French West Indian cuisine elegantly presents the bounty of St Lucia's fresh local farm produce and seafood readily sourced on this tropical island. The Cliff at Cap offers unobstructed views towards Martinique to the north and Pigeon Island to the West, and surrounded by the magnificent Caribbean sea, with sunsets to die for. The restaurant is open to non residents from breakfast to dinner with a dress code of smart casual.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

While staying at Sandals, we wanted to get off the resort and checkout the local fare as well as take a break from mediocre food. We found The Cliff at Cap Maison and we wish we would have found it earlier in our trip! The restaurant sites on top of a cliff with amazing views of the water, especially at sunset. The food was absolutely amazing! It was one of the few places on the island that we found finer wines as well as food and service that would give any Four-star restaurant in North America a run for their money. Highly recommend you going there at least once. You will likely want to come back before your trip ends!

2  Thank trhodes446
There are newer reviews for The Cliff at Cap Maison

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The Cliff is located in the North, a few minutes away from our hotel. I rated this so high because I was mesmarised by the atmosphere. there was a two person band with a female singer and a man on a guitar- she has an amazing voice. Her voice and the location made the visit worth it. the service was average, the food was good but not great. Prices were on par with the nicer places we've been to on the island.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This place is amazing. Gorgeous atmosphere - sophisticated yet laid back. Beautiful view. You can hear the waves crashing below as you look out at the moon. Would be super romantic, although we took our young kids and they were fine (family vacation, after all - there were plenty of well behaved kids there) and loved it. I half expected James Bond to walk in, because it is so lush and, well, a place James Bond would hang out. Fantastic food, service and drinks. The music was amazing too. A must visit.

2  Thank Robyn F
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We left the Cliff for our last night in the north of the island before driving to Sugar Beach.
It was easily the most romantic meal of the week.
I would highly recommend this resturant for a special occasion as the food was to die for.
We started the meal with a nice Mojito & a vodka near the bar while they prepared our table.
The staff were impecable & very polite.
I had a lobster tortelli to start with & the yellow fin tuna for the main.
It was cooked to perfection & melted in your mouth with a taste explosion. OMG
I failed to take any pictures as it was wearing thin & I didn't want to spoil the ambiance for other loved up couples in the restaurant.
After the meal we watched the fireflys being plucked out of the night sky by a greedy bird.

1  Thank Cleggy Broon
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful food, some of the best I have had in some time. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner were always treat. I had a little of everything in my 6 days there and I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite, though I am partial to the oh-so-good desserts. Omlets in the morning were a great way to start the day too.
It's nice to eat in the open air with the nice breeze and the excellent view of Signal Hill and all the passing boats.
My only gripe was when they have musicians is that they are centered in the 'room' and there is no way to get away from them. On our last night there was some 4-5 person band and conversation was near impossible. Perhaps the bar area can be made into a spot for the music people and diners can choose if they want to be close or far from the music. Just my opinion.
Don't get me wrong though, my gripe may be just me....I still give The Cliff 5/5!

1  Thank 95traveller