“Nice location but limited”

The Cliff at Cap Maison
Ranked #9 of 84 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Cliff at Cap Restaurant was famously hailed by The New York Times and is already one of the most highly sought after tables on the island. Located on the northwest coast in one of the Caribbean's most dramatic settings overlooking the surging Caribbean Sea. The kitchen at The Cliff at Cap is overseen by Welsh born Executive Chef Craig Jones, a St Lucian Chef of the Year recipient, who serves an inspired French West Indian contemporary menu. His nouveau French West Indian cuisine elegantly presents the bounty of St Lucia's fresh local farm produce and seafood readily sourced on this tropical island. The Cliff at Cap offers unobstructed views towards Martinique to the north and Pigeon Island to the West, and surrounded by the magnificent Caribbean sea, with sunsets to die for. The restaurant is open to non residents from breakfast to dinner with a dress code of smart casual.
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The location is wonderful, with very good attentive staff but we found that the menu choice for an evening meal was quite limited. My wife had the tuna but felt it was undercooked however my meal was fine. We had heard a lot about this restaurant but came away feeling a little disappointed.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Cap Maison for 3 days and ate at the Cliff each day. We ate every breakfast, two lunches and two dinners as we had no desire to venture from the property to try something else. The view and atmosphere are outstanding and without peer. We have traveled extensively and would say this is some of the best meals we have had anywhere. Also the service was excellant.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

This restaurant is set on the cliff edge in a fantastic hotel complex. The service was excellent, but the food sadly was bland and disappointing. The addition of complimentary chef's soup and sorbet were lovely though.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We loved the Cliff at Cap. We went right before sunset and were the only ones at the restaurant. The waiters let us order a drink, take our pick of any table, and we enjoyed the sunset before our dinner. We went on Tapas night (Saturday), and it was outstanding. We did both the food and wine pairing and it was like we were in a fancy NYC restaurant. Highly recommend!! and the service was great.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We had a very nice - but VERY expensive - dinner at Cap Maison on the final night of our stay. Beautiful location overlooking the water and a view of Pigeon Island, with the sun setting behind the water and the slimmest of crescent moons setting shortly afterwards - it doesn't get any prettier.

The food was well-prepared and delicious. The only caution I have is that they add a service charge onto the bill. When I asked what that was, I was told it was separate from the tip. I usually tip 20%, but I only tipped enough to get the service charge plus the tip up to 20%, because I sure couldn't figure out what I was paying a service charge for.

Aside from that, thumbs up. But did I mention it was expensive?