“Average dive experience but good equipment”

Eastern Caribbean Divers
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We used the I've shop at windjammer to book this trip. The staff were nice enough and got us geared up well, albeit a little disorganized. The equipment is good quality and is serviced well.

The day got off to a slow start and was a little disorganized, which meant leaving over an hour late. There seemed to be an argument between the boat captain and the dive crew which meant we ended up with fewer refreshments and snacks than we should have. I can't help but feel these delays and arguments also meant we compromised on the choice of dive site which was a bay not far from the resort.

The dive itself was done well and was professional. It wasn't a super exciting dive but good as they did not separate experienced from inexperienced divers. Good for a basic dive and to get back in the water. I wouldn't plan on multiple day diving however unless you can ge a commitment on the locations o want to dive.

3  Thank divingmonkee
"seahorse"
in 4 reviews
"tank"

Reviewed August 8, 2011

I have used EC divers over the last few years since buying a time share in St Lucia. I have also used them to train up to Rescue Diver level having started as a novice. I have always found the staff extremely friendly and is one of the main reasons for continuing to go back there over the years.
The equipment is new and the dive boat/s well laid out with more than enough room. Then there is the diving! All of the sites are within 1 hours boat journey with some only 15 minutes from Rodney Bay. The sites vary from the traditional coral reef; a nice wreck dive; some good marine parks and then the night dive. I have personally found this to be the most exciting- there are about 3 places i have been, All of them had a huge number of lobsters/ crabs/ squid/ and some interesting fish. eg Stone Fish, eels, sea snake. The groups are always fairly small so the divers get good one on one attention. As for negatives there aren't really any. Perhaps the vis depending on the sea swell. A reliable and fun dive shop for both beginners and also fairly advanced divers.

1  Thank DoctorNiles
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I must say that I was very impressed with the high quality and standards by which the EASTERN CARIBBEAN DIVERS operate. I was the only diver on my last day of diving and they still honored their word and took me diving. I had fun and will dive with them again upon my return to ST. LUCIA.

1  Thank Nuevo_Ca_Scuba
Reviewed June 7, 2011

What an awesome experience. I've always wanted to dive and finally followed through. I started the process in VA Beach, VA and headed to St. Lucia to complete the required open water dives. I couldn't have found a better company - Eget and her team are fantastic. I was very lucky to have Rusty as my instructor. All the required skill tests were done and he saved plenty of time for enjoying the underwater experience. Four different dive sites visited and came home with lots of beautiful pictures. Thanks to Captain Theo and Jerminia, too.