“Fantastic First Dives”

Eastern Caribbean Divers
Reviewed June 7, 2011

What an awesome experience. I've always wanted to dive and finally followed through. I started the process in VA Beach, VA and headed to St. Lucia to complete the required open water dives. I couldn't have found a better company - Eget and her team are fantastic. I was very lucky to have Rusty as my instructor. All the required skill tests were done and he saved plenty of time for enjoying the underwater experience. Four different dive sites visited and came home with lots of beautiful pictures. Thanks to Captain Theo and Jerminia, too.

All reviews
"seahorse"
in 4 reviews
"safety"

Reviewed May 12, 2011

Unfortunately it was raining at the start of the Morning. Luckily it stopped and the rest of our trip was nice. We went down and dove off the coast from the Pitons. The diving there was fantastic. The boat was big and comfortable. There was only six of us diving. The service was ok. We had no real pre-dive briefing. We had long leisurely dives. They provided snacks. Would recommend.

Reviewed May 28, 2010

I have been to St lucia many times and learnt to dive, both OW and Advanced with Eastern Caribbean Divers. Donavan, Eget and their team are good fun and professional. I love the Cressi BCDs they supply with the pockets for weights. As a lady diver I find this weight distribution perfect for me. I have dived with other outfits that do not have these and it has not been so good having all the weight around my waist. The Lesleen wreck is my favourite dive. Food on board is simple - tuna or cheese rolls with bananas and water but adequate for the dive. There is often an early start at around 8:30 but, it enables one to get two dives in the morning and be back at the hotel for a late lunch. EC's team of Dive Masters are good spotters of sea horses and other sealife I might normally miss. They have two largish dive boats with ladders, "Abi" and "Kika".

Usual time of dives is 45 minutes plus. No gloves or knives allowed in St Lucia. I would recommend Eastern Caribbean Divers, although on a day when cruise ships are in the boat can get crowded so I try to work around this.

2  Thank St-Lucia_Enthusiast
Reviewed May 13, 2010

We wanted to dive wrecks and some challenging dives - they accomodated us. One day we were the only two on the boat and we had a captain, deck hand and dive instructor (who was our guide).
The dives were well planned and pre-dive briefings were relaxed,yet explicit and easy to understand.
The diving is good and better than caribbean average. The wreck, walls and superman flight were the excellent dives we dove.
The boat is large - which is great because we saw Scuba Steve's little boat - with tons of people and all were wearing PFD's - just for the boat ride. Did not look fun!
Great experience with great people!

1  Thank karichelAlaska
See more reviews
Reviewed December 2, 2009

We were very pleased with Eastern caribbean Divers and had a blkast diving with them. They picked us up from our resort promptly every morning (by car) and returned us after diving by car or boat. This was a nice extra. Their staff is professional, safe, friendly and fun, and their boats are top notch with plenty of shade. We had our own equipment, but the equipment they provided to other divers looked like new. Some of the divers that rented equipment said it was better than their own, with integrated weight pockets in their Cressi BCs. They take you to the best dive spots, and they even have a top notch photographer/videographer on the dives if you want to buy a dvd or pictures from your dives. The staff are all great, as are the owners. They even went out of their way to get us Notrox tanks, and are planning to order the equipment soon to do their own Nitrox onsite. This is one of the best dive shops we have used in the Caribbean.