“Good food but not great”

Fire Grill Steak House & Lounge Bar
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Steakhouse, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good food but not great”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Normally I would have given this place a 4 star even though the steak was a little tough. Two things stopped me. I can't believe I am saying this but I hated their flatware. It was long and skinny and hard to use. I'm not sure if the steak was really tough or if I couldn't work the knife and fork. They were long with short tips. Not conducive for eating steak. Secondly the bottled water was wildly expensive. It was the good stuff no doubt but still on an island I would have preferred a less expensive option to tap. I'm just sayin. Service was fine but not outstanding.

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
“Family Value and Pleasant Service”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Good menu for the kids. Friendly service. We needed to go to Rodney Bay to buy an extra pair of swim shorts and went dinner after shopping so very convenient. Kids enjoyed the ribs.

Visited July 2014
Montrose, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This is a must! The food was absolutely wonderful, staff were friendly, helpful and funny! Atmosphere was great and to be able to watch your food being cooked was a lovely experience too. Highly recommended! Your taste buds will hank you!!

Visited July 2014
Castries, St. Lucia
“Fun!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I love the location! It's right in the middle of Rodney Bay and close to many hotels and the beach, yet it has this intimate setting. The staff are really friendly and accommodating and the service is very quick. The food is certainly delicious and perfectly cooked but I wish the portions were larger though- especially at that price :(

Visited December 2013
“Good food; but overpriced”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My husband and I ate here on the last night of the St Lucia Jazz Festival 2014 while they were hosting the closing festival event. The food was good; but not better than in Gros Islet. But the atmosphere was not the best located right by a busy street.

The restuarant is just not laid out very well for a large crowd - you walk in right in front of the band, the lounge on the other side and are escorted thru a very narrow passageway next to a long bar to get to your table. The tables are rattan w/glass tops - pretty but too uncomfortable to lay your arms down. Once seated, you only have a side view of the band.

The portions are large - my husband was served his side of macaroni in a small casserole dish! The taramisu was great. However, the service slowed down considerably once the restaurant started filling up. We went early at 7pm and got in with no reservations.

We asked if we could be seated in the lounge area once our meal was over and were accomodated with 2 chairs they brought for us.
However, everyone else was sitting on bar stools or standing right in front of us and our view of the band/stage was even worse than at the table. The area outside provided more space with picnic tables and a large screen which is pretty much the only way you could see the entertainment inside. By the time we figured this out, all the seating was filled.

But on the positive side, the drinks were good and the cheapest we had anywhere else on the island - less than $10 US for my pina colada and a long island iced tea for my husband.

However, for $290 EC which is $107.40 US; I expected more.
No taxis outside when we left a little after 10pm; but there's a taxi stand about 2 blocks back up the street toward the Rodney Bay Mall.

Visited May 2014