“Great steaks and an attention to detail like EDGE”

Fire Grill Steak House & Lounge Bar
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Went to Bobo's other place after The Edge looking for a cheaper lighter place. You can't fine dine every night.
But not much cheaper, not much lighter and very nearly as good.

Attention to detail and nice touches e.g. A rack with 6 sauces for our steaks: red wine aioli, barbecue, tartare, tropical fruit jam( chutney) herb Mayo, coconut curry milk. Just great!

A really nice place with lovely friendly KNOWLEDGABLE staff.

Reviewed March 24, 2011

Each time a different experience - from very good to very poor. When it's good - it's great, when it isn't it's disappointing. There is a great potential for the restaurant and concept - but needs to deliver a more consistent product. This ranges from food quality (excellent to poor) to service quality (excellent to poor). When both are on- this is a great experience, and when it isn't its that much worse as a regular customer knows what is possible from the restaurant.

Reviewed March 13, 2011

I was so looking forward to my trip to Fire Grill, it was my third trip to Rodney Bay and it was a new restaurant for us to try, we now really wish we hadnt bothered.

We shared Conch to start .. we still have no idea what conch tastes like as we were simply served a conch shell (looked very pretty) but it was just full of a creamy mushroom sauce, no conch .. none at all. The waitress was very rude and really didnt seem to want to be there and shrugged her shoulders when I asked where the conch was ..

We both had Surf n Turf to follow, my partner chose the larger steak, both steaks were just ok but the "jumbo shrimp" were horrendous, tiny and shrivelled and dripping with butter.

We have tried pretty much all of the restaurants in Rodney Bay over the last ten years, this has got to be our worst dining experience.

The only good thing that come out of our evening was we discovered a very nice new wine.

If you do decide to pay a visit dont order the bottled water, its outrageously expensive, having just checked bills from other restaurants they all charge between 9 and 12 EC dollars, Fire Grill charge the princely sum of 22 EC dollars! outrageous.

1  Thank birdybrig
ChefBobo, Owner at Fire Grill Steak House & Lounge Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2011

In regard to your visit to Fire Grill, it is unfortunate that your expectations were not met, firstly the conch is served as a started portion each portion has 5-6oz of Conch meat inside mixed with mushrooms and a cream sauce, the conch would be cooked very tender .
The shrimp served with the surf and turf is 3oz of Shrimp in weight and flamegrilled
I would also like to explain that the water is sparkling natural Spring water and comes in a large glass Bottle, this is why it is more expensive that the plastic bottles they may have given you in other restaurants.
We hope you do come and try the Fire Grill again soon

Reviewed February 10, 2011

Having just returned from 2 weeks in fabulous Rodney Bay i can honestly say that there is nowwhere better than Fire Grill both for the food, the bar and the atmosphere. The owner Peter is a fantastic host and if you dont find him here then you will find him at one of the two sister restaurants - The Edge or Starfish in the Marina - all of which should be sampled.

The staff could not be nicer and a special thanks go to Chad and Cyd for making simply the best mojhito's ever! We have already booked to return next year and cannot wait to see everyone again.

The conch starter and the spiced duck main are an absolute MUST have!!!!!!

Reviewed January 27, 2011

This is a very difficult review to write as my Husband and I had two completely different experiences at this restaurant.

When we arrived at the restaurant we were warmly greated by a very pleasant waitress who reserved us a table while we had a drink at the bar. We really thought that we would be in for a treat. Once we were seated at our table, again by a very friendly waitress, the evening started to go down hill.

Several of our 1st choice selections were unavailable, so we had to select other options. This proved not to be too much of a problem as both of our chosen starters were excellent. However this is where things went down hill. Both my Husband and I chose the Rib Eye Steak, I chose the smaller one and my Husband had the larger cut. Mine arrived and it was excellent, tender, perfectly cooked it couldn't have been better. My Husbands however could not have been more different. The steak was incredibly tough and full of grissle, there was also more fat than meat! Now, I know a rib eye steak has fat but not amount that this one had.

When the waitress came to clear the table, she asked if everything was ok and we pointed out the problem with my Husband's steak, we would have done it earlier but it was impossible to get hold of anyone to speak to. Se was incredibly patronising and tried to say we didn't know what we'd ordered! From then on the staff were nothing short of rude! We didn't even get a please or a thank you as we paid the bill. This behaviour in our opinion was completely unacceptable.

We later found out that the chef was actually off the night we visited (he was out with a friend of ours) so this might explain the food. However nothing can excuse the rudeness of the staff!!

2  Thank TravelfanfromUK