Review Highlights
Excellent service, Great Ride!

Reviewed March 20, 2017

from $230.00
from $70.00
from $131.25
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in St Lucia for 2 weeks and I called and emailed but no response. It's a shame because we really wanted to do this.

Reviewed March 20, 2017 via mobile

The horseback riding adventure with Bano was a really great one. He met us as the beach and took us along the route to the community of Gros Islet and back.

By boyfriend and I are not very seasoned with horseback riding so it was a little shaky at the beginning but things got better as we got to figure out how to handle the horses. This was a very scenic and fun tour and Bano is an EXCELLENT photographer, which is just an added bonus to the ride. Had an amazing time chilling out and taking a drink with Bano as part of the tour.

The ride isn't too long or too short. It was perfect, and Bano is very flexible. He has a very real Caribbean warmth to him. We enjoyed every minute of this.

Will recommend this trip to anyone visiting St. Lucia.

Reviewed November 6, 2016

My girlfriend and I had a great time with Bano and the horses. We even got to take the horses into the ocean for a dip which was something I have always wanted to do. Amazing vacation memory.

Reviewed September 14, 2016 via mobile

Had great day horse were well looked after and well behaved without being slow and mundain I had my two daughters with me one 12yrs old and 21yrs , the older works at a racehorse stable at home both rated the day as one of the best of the holiday the ride was 2hrs but lasted 5hrs which took in lots of beachs and a ride through the streets of gros inlet and a stop at a local bar this ride gave my daughters a chance to see the real st Lucia and meet the locals all in all a great day out.

2  Thank 1968le
Reviewed March 21, 2016 via mobile

I rode horses earlier today with my family. These horses were good, but the scenery on the ride was mediocre at best. We met them in Rodney Bay by the park entrance of Pigeon Island. We rode towards Gros Isle, a lot of riding on a regular street, then through town (which is not particularly pretty or scenic), unfortunately only a short distance on a beach which was nice. We came back the same way we came from. If they planned a better route this would have been much more enjoyable. Too bad. Also they said the ride would be 2.5hrs, but was more like 1.45hrs, not a huge deal but worth mentioning. This is not a stable, just meeting some guys in a parking lot by the beach, where they station the horses.

1  Thank Christian G
Reviewed December 11, 2015 via mobile

Bano took us on an amazingly chilled ride this morning - across beaches, grassland and even had time to stop for refreshments at local vendor. One of best experiences so far on this holiday - highly recommended!

3  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed July 2, 2015

My husband and I were staying in the Gros Islet. We wanted a fun tour, Island Riders exceeded our expectations. The guys were all wonderful. Bano was patient with me, since I was a little hesitant at first. The horses were so calm which made me feel comfortable. Great ambiance. Fun guide. I am so thankful I did it. I recommend this tour to anyone.

2  Thank ledyaa2015
Reviewed May 7, 2015 via mobile

We went to St lucia to visit family and I surprised my daughter who is an avid rider, by taking her to bano's house where the horses were getting ready for our ride. There was seven of us and Bano made sure every horse was suitable and fitted our personality. The horses were calm and beautiful. My daughter who takes lessons every year for the past year and studies horses via YouTube cantered for the first time ever. Bano watched with a huge smile on his face as did myself and my husband. The guides of our 7 horses were amazing. They were also honest dye to the fact that my husband left my $1000 Samsung Note 4 with photos and videos of our entire vacation on there on the bench and left. When I return to the spot, one of the guides handed me my phone and said my husband forgot it. With my heart pumping I expressed my gratitude and appreciation for the honesty he had shown. In doing so I bought all the fellas ice lollies which is like a freezie in canada but better.
I recommend this tour and so does my daughter. She will forever remember island riders who allowed her to canter for the first time. Bano must have whispered something in her horses ear :)

Thanks Bano

Wanda

5  Thank torva1983
Reviewed April 10, 2015

This was our 2nd time riding Bano's horses (first time was 5 years ago). This is St Lucia, not the US or UK. So there are no helmets and few rules. There's no stable to go to, no waivers to sign. If you want to canter you can, or not. It's up to you. It's all very relaxed. The horses are very well behaved. A couple of dogs approached them barking aggressively and the horses didn't even flinch. I am a nervous rider and my horse was wonderful. He didn't try to take advantage of my inexperience nor did he spend the time eating the various yummy shrubs! They are not robots though and are responsive to your commands. We did not ride nose to tail either unless told to by our guide Alpha. Alpha took my camera from me and snapped loads of photos. Tell them what kind of ride you want (beach, village, canter, how long) and they will oblige. Have fun!!!

6  Thank juditha_10
Reviewed January 9, 2015

Talked with Bano to arrange this excursion for 11 us (5 kids) who couldn't wait to do this. He told us to get a taxi and they would know where to take us. From the minute we got to the taxi's they all wanted to take us but no one knew where to go. We finally got ahold of Bano and he told taxi where to take us. After the drive and paying him 65$ one way we arrived at a beach an hour before excursion was supposed to take us. Finally at the meeting time and location Bano NEVER showed up. We waited over an hour and nothing. Do NOT book this excursion. We had some very disappointed kids, luckily we didn't have to pay a deposit. So another $65 dollars and we were back on our ship. A waste of a day.

6  Thank Amy H