I have to agree with part of the last review. My husband and I travelled to Calabash Cove for our honeymoon in December and for the amount of money that we spent, I expected more.
- Staff is very friendly
- We stayed in cottage #4 and it was beautiful. Very spacious and we loved the outdoor shower. It was also very secluded which was a plus.
- Food was good. It started off average for the first couple of days and then it got considerably better.
- Peaceful location.
- Barbara, the maid is really nice. She would always say hi when she came by and asked how our day was going.
- Grounds were always kept very clean, the foliage is beautiful.
- The pool was never over crowded. I am usually an ocean person but I loved spending time in the pool.
- The service started off bad to average. There were times that my husband had to get up from dinner and get our drinks because they were sitting at the bar for 20 minutes. The waiter would be talking to the other staff members instead of doing his job. This got better over time. The resort needs more consistency.
- We did not get picked up from the airport, which was included in our package. We wandered around for 20 minutes looking for our driver and finally called the resort to which they replied "oh, I thought we were picking you up from Bay gardens", This was extremely frustrating considering I sent them our flight information more than once.
- We arrived to see that we were booked in cottage #8 instead of #4. I had confirmation that we specifically wanted #4 so we spoke to Konrad (the manager) and he argued with me for 5 minutes saying that it was impossible that it was confirmed and that I just wanted it so badly in my head that I made it up. I later forwarded him the confirmation email upon our arrival back home and he appologized. I was shocked that manager would actually argue with a guest like that.
- We continually had to ask to have more shampoo/conditioner, towels and our fridge restocked.
- My husband got food poisioning one night from the paella.
- Pool bar was not always staffed, although I believe it was better than normal. There was many couples hanging around the pool when we were there so I think that's why they had someone working there more often.
- The road to the resort is horrendous, but I hear that most of them are.
- They do have North American outlets in the cottages but none in the bathroom. Instead of having two 220V plugs, they should have one of each.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gently sloping, tropical beachfront on the northwest coast of the island, Calabash Cove is one of just a select few five-star resorts on St. Lucia. Nestled in the sheltered bay of Bonaire Estate, Calabash Cove is perched on a hillside sloping gently towards the Caribbean Sea, where cool ocean breezes provide a wonderful respite and the turquoise sea is offset by the vibrant green of tropical vegetation and views of Walcott Island. A private beach and nearby coral reef provide the perfect place to rest, reflect and dream. The resort has been designed with great care to complement and exist in harmony with the beauty of the natural surroundings. The main buildings of the hotel, such as the lobby, restaurant, bar, sanctuary, and infinity pool with waterfall lie on a slope, with the villas in the midst of lush vegetation perfectly situated to view nightly sunsets. The natural elements of earth, wind, light and water are represented in the exotic wood, stone and natural materials used in the composition of the buildings. The peaceful and tranquil gardens, under the care of one of the finest landscape architects in the Caribbean, have been created to capture and optimize the natural splendor of the area and are filled with vibrant, fragrant flowers set amid groves of trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, West Indies, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Calabash Cove Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calabash Cove Hotel Gros Islet
- Calabash Cove Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Gros Islet