We had 10 beautiful days (Feb 2013) at Calabash Cove on an all inclusive basis and it was almost perfect. The beachside cottage was ideal, private, luxurious and peaceful. The bar and general staff were great, really friendly and could not do enough for you. We never saw more than two people in the pool. The only downside was the restaurant, the food was ok, sometimes excellent and sometimes nothing special. However the service was really poor, individual staff were friendly and helpful but unsupervised. I can't understand why they don't have a Restaurant Manager to supervise staff and a proper chef to organise the kitchen. The all inclusive deal was outstanding, an excellent range of top brand drinks at the bar and in the room mini bar which was replenished daily, it even included a $200 Valentines special menu on the 14th. If they can get the kitchen and restaurant service sorted out they will be an outstanding 5 star hotel, until then it's got to be 4.5. Oh and do go the extra mile with the helicopter, it's worth every single penny for the views and the fact that you don't have an extra 2 hours in a bus on arrival.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gently sloping, tropical beachfront on the northwest coast of the island, Calabash Cove is one of just a select few five-star resorts on St. Lucia. Nestled in the sheltered bay of Bonaire Estate, Calabash Cove is perched on a hillside sloping gently towards the Caribbean Sea, where cool ocean breezes provide a wonderful respite and the turquoise sea is offset by the vibrant green of tropical vegetation and views of Walcott Island. A private beach and nearby coral reef provide the perfect place to rest, reflect and dream. The resort has been designed with great care to complement and exist in harmony with the beauty of the natural surroundings. The main buildings of the hotel, such as the lobby, restaurant, bar, sanctuary, and infinity pool with waterfall lie on a slope, with the villas in the midst of lush vegetation perfectly situated to view nightly sunsets. The natural elements of earth, wind, light and water are represented in the exotic wood, stone and natural materials used in the composition of the buildings. The peaceful and tranquil gardens, under the care of one of the finest landscape architects in the Caribbean, have been created to capture and optimize the natural splendor of the area and are filled with vibrant, fragrant flowers set amid groves of trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Calabash Cove Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calabash Cove Hotel Gros Islet
- Calabash Cove Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Gros Islet