Calabash Cove is an intimate (26 rooms) boutique hotel. The grounds are beautifully manicured. Rooms are thoroughly cleaned each day. The staff is friendly and eager to assist. The beach is small, but there are always ample loungers (sometimes you have the beach to yourself) and it is manicured each day. The weather was perfect with highs in the 80's, lows in the 70's, moderate humidity and an occasional (and brief) tropical shower plus a constant breeze! We stayed in a junior suite in the main building.
We did not do the all inclusive because we are not big drinkers and like to go light on lunch. Breakfast is included with all packages and it was very satisfying with a daily special.
For lunch we often had fresh local fruit and vegetables supplemented with food from a grocery store in Rodney Bay.
Room service was always tasty and served quickly.
The open air dining room gives a beautiful vista of the bay and great views of sunset. The evening meal offered several daily specials and featured some well prepared pasta dishes and we enjoyed dorado and chicken entrees.
Would we come back? Yes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gently sloping, tropical beachfront on the northwest coast of the island, Calabash Cove is one of just a select few five-star resorts on St. Lucia. Nestled in the sheltered bay of Bonaire Estate, Calabash Cove is perched on a hillside sloping gently towards the Caribbean Sea, where cool ocean breezes provide a wonderful respite and the turquoise sea is offset by the vibrant green of tropical vegetation and views of Walcott Island. A private beach and nearby coral reef provide the perfect place to rest, reflect and dream. The resort has been designed with great care to complement and exist in harmony with the beauty of the natural surroundings. The main buildings of the hotel, such as the lobby, restaurant, bar, sanctuary, and infinity pool with waterfall lie on a slope, with the villas in the midst of lush vegetation perfectly situated to view nightly sunsets. The natural elements of earth, wind, light and water are represented in the exotic wood, stone and natural materials used in the composition of the buildings. The peaceful and tranquil gardens, under the care of one of the finest landscape architects in the Caribbean, have been created to capture and optimize the natural splendor of the area and are filled with vibrant, fragrant flowers set amid groves of trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Calabash Cove Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calabash Cove Hotel Gros Islet
- Calabash Cove Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Gros Islet