Firstly, the staff team at Calabash Cove made us feel like we were family. They regularly thanked us for choosing them, remembered our names and hugs all around when we left. Special mention to Resort Manager Unita, Restaurant Manager Chris, Pool bartenders Jonathan and Lance, front desk's Kenisha and the lovely lady who created awesome towel art in our cottage every day (and Jonathan's bride) Jessica. We stayed in Cottage 5 which was the single dwelling (the other 8 cottages are semis), and having a private plunge pool was heaven on earth. The outdoor shower experience was unique and I never could get comfortable showering out there after dark. The bedroom had an air conditioning unit but the rest of the cottage was screened and could get warm...perhaps the only downside of the cottage. Food was terrific, tried almost everything. There isn't much length to the beach but for the small size of the resort, it works - just not for a walk!
If you are seeking a boutique style private resort, all inclusive, I highly recommend Calabash Cove!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gently sloping, tropical beachfront on the northwest coast of the island, Calabash Cove is one of just a select few five-star resorts on St. Lucia. Nestled in the sheltered bay of Bonaire Estate, Calabash Cove is perched on a hillside sloping gently towards the Caribbean Sea, where cool ocean breezes provide a wonderful respite and the turquoise sea is offset by the vibrant green of tropical vegetation and views of Walcott Island. A private beach and nearby coral reef provide the perfect place to rest, reflect and dream. The resort has been designed with great care to complement and exist in harmony with the beauty of the natural surroundings. The main buildings of the hotel, such as the lobby, restaurant, bar, sanctuary, and infinity pool with waterfall lie on a slope, with the villas in the midst of lush vegetation perfectly situated to view nightly sunsets. The natural elements of earth, wind, light and water are represented in the exotic wood, stone and natural materials used in the composition of the buildings. The peaceful and tranquil gardens, under the care of one of the finest landscape architects in the Caribbean, have been created to capture and optimize the natural splendor of the area and are filled with vibrant, fragrant flowers set amid groves of trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Calabash Cove Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calabash Cove Hotel Gros Islet
- Calabash Cove Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Gros Islet