This place was amazing. We stayed here for the 2nd half of our honeymoon, and absolutely loved it.
Room - we stayed in one of the 4 swim up suites - our door swung open to a patio and then stepped directly into the pool. Very cool. Jacuzzi in room, 4 poster bed, few chairs, and a desk. Stand up shower and 2 sinks. Liquor/wine in room. Soft drinks and water too which are replenished daily. Room not huge, but very nice. Oujr housekeeper also left flowers for us each day. Nice touch.
Food - The food here is delicious. DELICIOUS. The presentation and service are equally impressive. Dinner every night was a treat. Daily specials help keep the menu fresh. There is live music at dinner, which is a really nice touch.
Breakfast and lunch also very good. Room service easy to order if you don't feel like making it to the dining room.
Staff - the people here are great. Super attentive, want to help, very friendly. The hotel manager was on site often to greet us and ask us how we were doing. I wish they wore nametags so I knew their names. Unita, take note.
Pool/Beach - great infiniti pool. Good size, swim up to pool bar, plenty of lounge chairs in different areas for relaxing. The cottages have their own plunge pools as well. The beach is small but nice. You have to take a short walk (1-2 minutes) to get down to the beach. They have kayaks and snorkeling gear you can use free of charge.
One important thing to note - this resort is very quiet and private. Relaxation is the main concept here. There are only 20-something rooms in the resort, and you can go the entire day without seeing many people. This is a place to unwind and relax, and they make it very easy to do that. if you are looking for a party, this isn't your place.
We also took a land/sea tour by open Jeep/Catamaran. Definitely recommend this - saw many different sites on the island - fruit farm, botanical gardens, 2 waterfalls, volcano, the Pitons, Marigot Bay, went swimming/snorkeling, and more. Great way to spend the day.
Overall, great time. Slow pace, very relaxing. Would recommend it, and would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gently sloping, tropical beachfront on the northwest coast of the island, Calabash Cove is one of just a select few five-star resorts on St. Lucia. Nestled in the sheltered bay of Bonaire Estate, Calabash Cove is perched on a hillside sloping gently towards the Caribbean Sea, where cool ocean breezes provide a wonderful respite and the turquoise sea is offset by the vibrant green of tropical vegetation and views of Walcott Island. A private beach and nearby coral reef provide the perfect place to rest, reflect and dream. The resort has been designed with great care to complement and exist in harmony with the beauty of the natural surroundings. The main buildings of the hotel, such as the lobby, restaurant, bar, sanctuary, and infinity pool with waterfall lie on a slope, with the villas in the midst of lush vegetation perfectly situated to view nightly sunsets. The natural elements of earth, wind, light and water are represented in the exotic wood, stone and natural materials used in the composition of the buildings. The peaceful and tranquil gardens, under the care of one of the finest landscape architects in the Caribbean, have been created to capture and optimize the natural splendor of the area and are filled with vibrant, fragrant flowers set amid groves of trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, West Indies, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Calabash Cove Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calabash Cove Hotel Gros Islet
- Calabash Cove Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Gros Islet