My husband and I spend our Honeymoon in February at Calabash Cove and we could not have asked for a more amazing place to stay.
First off, yes there are stairs... worth the trip... so get over it.
The food is wonderful! We were there for 7 nights and 8 days and we ate Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and did not get tired of the food.
The staff is warm and friendly and practically tripping over themselves to accommodate you. We got to know Lily who worked the bar upstairs at night, Jonathan and Lance at the pool bar and Marsha at the Spa very quickly.
The beach is just breathtaking. Although it is technically public, because all St. Lucian beaches are, we saw very few locals or even guests from other resorts. This is the perfect private getaway.
We stayed in the Water's Edge Cottage and loved every second of it. There were some bugs, very few, I just made sure to wear bug spray, but my husband didn't get bit at all.
Overall we had a wonderful stay! We can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gently sloping, tropical beachfront on the northwest coast of the island, Calabash Cove is one of just a select few five-star resorts on St. Lucia. Nestled in the sheltered bay of Bonaire Estate, Calabash Cove is perched on a hillside sloping gently towards the Caribbean Sea, where cool ocean breezes provide a wonderful respite and the turquoise sea is offset by the vibrant green of tropical vegetation and views of Walcott Island. A private beach and nearby coral reef provide the perfect place to rest, reflect and dream. The resort has been designed with great care to complement and exist in harmony with the beauty of the natural surroundings. The main buildings of the hotel, such as the lobby, restaurant, bar, sanctuary, and infinity pool with waterfall lie on a slope, with the villas in the midst of lush vegetation perfectly situated to view nightly sunsets. The natural elements of earth, wind, light and water are represented in the exotic wood, stone and natural materials used in the composition of the buildings. The peaceful and tranquil gardens, under the care of one of the finest landscape architects in the Caribbean, have been created to capture and optimize the natural splendor of the area and are filled with vibrant, fragrant flowers set amid groves of trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Calabash Cove Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calabash Cove Hotel Gros Islet
- Calabash Cove Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Gros Islet