We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel and would say that this is one of the best we stayed in the Caribbean quality/price wise! And for those who complain about prices - Caribbean ARE expensive especially if you want more or less European/us sense of comfort and class. This hotel though for European standards being quite pricey - again repeat, for Caribbean - is a great find.
Nothing shabby or old. Practically brand new place! Rooms are very spacious (though photos do not give this impression) with all the stuff inside new, stylish and fresh. Very romantic interior! As if each of them is a honeymoon suit. We stayed in Sunset Oceanview Jr. Suite. And probably compared to seemingly fancier rooms that are giving right into the swimming pool - ours seemed to be having more light and better sea views. And the terrace- big and shadowed!!!
Everything seemed to be thought over very well to make everybody comfortable! Special words about the service- excellent!!! Everybody is so smiley and friendly and you feel that they are really happy to see you!
Another plus- the hotel having a lot of space is not crowded at all- we saw about 8-10 couples and may be one family with a kid. So very quiet and again lots of space for everybody to enjoy.
Beach- private hotel beach where you can find both shadow and sun- whatever you prefer. The sea part may be a bit different from what you would expect from the Caribbean sea- not so turquoise and transparent, but for this you have to go to Rodneybay or other particular places. But in total the beach produces nice impression.
The restaurant- fantastic and well thought over layout with the great view any time of the day. The menu has some variety and the meals are quite tasty. But I wouldn’t recommend to take the all inclusive package since I would go to try some other places as well. (there are so many nice restaurants around that it is a sin not to enjoy them)- but you will have either to have a car or to take a taxi to get out of the hotel- it is pretty isolated from the busy touristic places- by isolation I mean just 7-10 minutes drive! :)
All in all it is a great escape place for couples in search of romantic atmosphere.
For those with kids and who do not like to move around in car - I would recommend to go somewhere closer to Rodney bay- where all the touristic places are in arms' reach.
As well for those who have problems moving up and down the stairs- this could be not the right place as the hotel has quite a number of them. But I wouldn't like to make a big point of this as I personally was there during my 6.5 month of pregnancy and still enjoyed every moment there having no big issues with reaching the beach or the restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gently sloping, tropical beachfront on the northwest coast of the island, Calabash Cove is one of just a select few five-star resorts on St. Lucia. Nestled in the sheltered bay of Bonaire Estate, Calabash Cove is perched on a hillside sloping gently towards the Caribbean Sea, where cool ocean breezes provide a wonderful respite and the turquoise sea is offset by the vibrant green of tropical vegetation and views of Walcott Island. A private beach and nearby coral reef provide the perfect place to rest, reflect and dream. The resort has been designed with great care to complement and exist in harmony with the beauty of the natural surroundings. The main buildings of the hotel, such as the lobby, restaurant, bar, sanctuary, and infinity pool with waterfall lie on a slope, with the villas in the midst of lush vegetation perfectly situated to view nightly sunsets. The natural elements of earth, wind, light and water are represented in the exotic wood, stone and natural materials used in the composition of the buildings. The peaceful and tranquil gardens, under the care of one of the finest landscape architects in the Caribbean, have been created to capture and optimize the natural splendor of the area and are filled with vibrant, fragrant flowers set amid groves of trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Calabash Cove Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calabash Cove Hotel Gros Islet
- Calabash Cove Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Gros Islet