“Fantastic!”

Ranked #1 of 85 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A landmark in Saint Lucian dining for more than twenty years, Big Chef Steakhouse selects the best quality USA Certified Angus steak cuts and grills them to the satisfaction of local and international guests who depart happy and return often. Fish and seafood are handled with equal flair and flavour, and the menu is packed with Big Chef's unique take on Caribbean and international favourites. Ambient amber lighting, comfortable club seating and a chic piano lounge makes Big Chef perfect for that special celebration, complete with a signature cocktail and martini menu to tempt every tippler's palette. Casual elegance is the dress code, and the atmosphere is relaxed, friendly and island stylish.
Reviewed May 17, 2010

My brother had been to Big Chef a couple of times over the last couple of years so our first night there went to have dinner. We prebooked that afternoon, got a great table and our waitress was superb - she even recognised my brother and sister in law and it was over a year ago they were there! We opted out of appetisers in order to save ourselves for the steaks but did order the cheesy garlic bread - delicious!! I had the filet mignon with salad and it was one of the tastiest steaks I have ever eaten. My brother had the 14 oz rib eye with chunky fries, my sister in law had the 14 oz sirloin and my husband had the 14 oz tenderloin - all cooked to perfection and all very tasty.
Definitely recommend this restaurant and compared to what we would have paid for the same meal in Barbados it was not as expensive for the high quality meat being served.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,230)

Reviewed April 24, 2010

We loved it here, it was expensive but worth it! Everything was delicious and our waiter was great, he really made us feel welcome.

Reviewed April 16, 2010

We went to this restaurant two times during our 6 night stay in St. Lucia in March/April 2010. The first time we went because I asked The Landings (the property we stayed at ) for a recommendation for the best restaurant. When we arrived we were promptly seated and a waitress came to our table and was very helpful. Our meals were all amazing. I ordered the Dorado because I wasnt taking a chance ordering filet mignon ( the only steak I will eat) at a restaurant that I did not know. The fish was wonderfully prepared. Although we did not eat at all the restaurants on St. Lucia, I venture to say that this is the best restaurant on St. Lucia. That is why we returned for dinner on our last night. The host immediately welcomed us back and we were promptly seated. This night I felt confident enough to order the filet mignon. We were told that all their steaks are imported from Texas and I can tell you that my filet mignon had not a touch of fat on it and was cooked to a perfect medium temperature. It was the best filet mignon I have had and would put it up against any steakhouse in New York. My son, who also does not order meat often, ordered the ribs and literally sucked the bones dry. The baked potatoes were excellent with the chives served individually on top of the sour cream. The red cabbage was home made and again the best I have ever had. The peanut brittle ice cream with bananas and the flan for desset were amazing - all homemade and you could tell. When it comes to food I am a harsh critic and I would wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant. The husband and wife team which renovated, own and run this restaurant, and came to our table both nights, are very hands on and I cant imagine a poor experience here.

1  Thank Seasontraveler10
Reviewed April 8, 2010

We went twice to this restaurant in St Lucia and loved the food we got both times. Service was friendly but had to wait awhile food to arrive. Desserts here are a must! Great for couples who like a relaxing atmosphere.

Reviewed April 5, 2010

Went there in 89' when in was living in SL and thought it was the worst "steak house" i ever ate at . Fast forward to '09 and after successfully avoiding the place for 20 yrs my wife decides she wants to try something new, I was reluctant but the place got a big make over and "what the hell" maybe new management or something has improved the place...anyways same shoeleather "beef",atrocious service even for st lucia(only people at 2 tables in the place and waitress laughably said the 45min wait between appitiezer and maincourse was because they were swamped) and mindblowably overpriced. I could'nt wait to get out of there. Everbody knows SL is no dinners paradise but Big Chef is shockingly bad. If you want a at best so- so, way overpriced meal or just want to be completely avoided by a wait staff, head on over to the Big Chef.

1  Thank lobsterloverslover