“Prime”

Ranked #1 of 84 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A landmark in Saint Lucian dining for more than twenty years, Big Chef Steakhouse selects the best quality USA Certified Angus steak cuts and grills them to the satisfaction of local and international guests who depart happy and return often. Fish and seafood are handled with equal flair and flavour, and the menu is packed with Big Chef's unique take on Caribbean and international favourites. Ambient amber lighting, comfortable club seating and a chic piano lounge makes Big Chef perfect for that special celebration, complete with a signature cocktail and martini menu to tempt every tippler's palette. Casual elegance is the dress code, and the atmosphere is relaxed, friendly and island stylish.
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Got a gift certificate, went for fun and ended up staying and having a good meal! Just a tad pricey for most locals!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,192)

Reviewed July 27, 2012

The steak was perfect and service was good. I feel the restaurant let itself down at the end of the evening. On paying, the bill came in EC dollars. I asked if I could pay with credit card and was told yes. I noticed that the amount on the credit card machine was less than I expected to pay and I brought this to the waitresses attention as I did not wish to underpay. I was told the amount was in american dollars and not EC dollars as this was how the machine worked. I had not experienced this elsewhere but accepted the explanation. When I converted this, back at my hotel, I noticed this was heavily in the restaurants favour and not what I would have expected. I checked the exchange rate with my hotel, another restaurant, the bank and a tour company and there was about 20 cents of a difference. I was most disappointed with this as up until this point we had had a lovely evening.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I visited the restaurant last night and benefited from their Summerlicious menu which was $145EC for a five course meal. From the minute we walked, we were taken to our table. The lighting was so intimate and we were seated with our menu handed to us. The restaurant got packed before long and we didn't even notice because the food came out so fast. The portion size was perfect and we left quite stuffed. We had one main waitress but everyone would come and check up on us, serve the next course or answer any questions we had. But to conclude, the food tasted great. We had the Mahi-Mahi and a bite of everything got me excited. Even when summerlicious is over, I will definitely be going back. Four thumbs up!

1  Thank GussieGrim
Reviewed July 19, 2012

If you like steak you will like Big Chef,he likes steak so he flavored it to make you want to come back for more.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

The steak is to die for!! The desserts are also great - try the carrot cake!!