“Good food, service was OK but the atmosphere is typical steak house and very loud.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Big Chef Steakhouse

Big Chef Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Chef Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 84 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A landmark in Saint Lucian dining for more than twenty years, Big Chef Steakhouse selects the best quality USA Certified Angus steak cuts and grills them to the satisfaction of local and international guests who depart happy and return often. Fish and seafood are handled with equal flair and flavour, and the menu is packed with Big Chef's unique take on Caribbean and international favourites. Ambient amber lighting, comfortable club seating and a chic piano lounge makes Big Chef perfect for that special celebration, complete with a signature cocktail and martini menu to tempt every tippler's palette. Casual elegance is the dress code, and the atmosphere is relaxed, friendly and island stylish.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Steak was amazing! Very loud inside, hard to carry on a conversation.

Visited March 2012

Saskatoon, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Charbroiled steak around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Our Valentine's Day celebrations included great food and service at The Big Chef. There is alot of food with the "Dinner Classics" and make sure you save room for the desserts.
I'd advise making a reservation as the restaurant does get busy. A good selection on the menu and we enjoyed the restaurant so much we had to go back the next week.

• Visited February 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
“No Fish Please!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

We thought we would try Big Chef because we heard a lot about it. I had the New York steak and it was perfect. Also had garlic cheese bread, salad, baked potato and mushrooms and all was very good. My wife however had the Jerk Mahi Mahi which was a chef recommendation. I have to tell you that the seasoning did not resemble jerk. Quite oily but they gave you a large portion of fish. She also had the new England clam chowder which was very good. Service was just OK for a high end restaurant such as this one. This place is probably so successful because the owner is hands on and serves food also. I would recommend having steak when you go to this place.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Luckyduck6901
Montreal
“Dissapointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

I want to mention that we have been to this restaurant many times the last time we were in St-Lucia. My husband loved the food. Finally after 3 years we whent back. The same girl who served us years back, served us again. I have to say; I quickly remembered her. She kept snorting the flem from her throat as she was serving us. Then My husband ordered steak that he had been dreaming of for the past 3 years. Only to recieve it extreamly over cooked. Neadless to say, we were there for 1 full month and never whent back. Apart from the snorting, she dribbled our wine on the table and was by no means delicate in bringing our food. OH and don't count on a smile!! I have to mention though there good points. They renovated, which is much better now, and my mom had the "short ribs" we were amazed at how delicious they were! We would go back next time we go to St-Lucia. But their service had better be MUCH better.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Yazmeen
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Food was good but the service left much to be desired”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband and I went as part of a group dinner. I don't think the restaurant is used to large groups (15-20) because they were VERY slow to take orders, serve drinks and bring food. We arrived at 7:30pm and at 10pm some folks in our group had not gotten their entree yet. When we asked about the problem, the manager was not apologetic and said that it was her fault for accepting the group in the first place. This was very dissappointing because the food was good, when we eventually received it. I don't think we will be going back.

• Visited March 2012