“To and From Airport”

St. Lucia Helicopters
Ranked #9 of 45 Tours in Gros Islet
Reviewed February 1, 2014

By far the only way to get from the airport if you're staying anywhere north of Soufriere. So many resorts are on the north end of the sland and it takes 2 hours by car to get to them via winding roads and traffic. Whereas with St. Lucia helicopters you can take a 15 minute chopper ride with incredible views to the airport in Castries and a 15 minute car ride to your hotel from there. It is absolutely the way to go.

3  Thank travel_is_a_gift2014

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
What an amazing experience! After researching our viable options of getting from the south of the island to the north, we came across St. Lucia Helicopters. From the moment we arrived in the airport in Vieux-Fort we were taken straight to the counter of St. Lucia Helicopters. 15 minutes later we boarded and 15 minutes later we were in Castries!
The views are breathtaking!
I highly recommend you take the helicopter otherwise the car ride will take you 1.5 hours to the north coast.

3  Thank wiwma
Reviewed January 25, 2014

after much research we decided to take SLH to the north end of the island
this was the first time either of us has been in a helicopter what a rush!!!
the whole process from the online booking to the flight itself was nothing more than professional
as I wanted to surprise my wife with this Rupert allowed me to book without giving him my credit card info (thank you so much) this just goes to show how friendly and accommodating the st lucians are. now some people think this is overpriced for the 12 minute flight but do these people know what it actually costs to run one of these machines?? not to mention the overhead
this is a fantastic way to get to the other end of the island after a 10 hour flight from Vancouver
our luggage was delivered to our villa within 2 hours of our arrival by a very pleasant individual
(cant remember his name ) overall I would highly recommend this option for people who just want to get on with their holiday and not be bothered with the 2 hour drive to Castries (in the dark not to mention)

4  Thank cartegna
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My wife and I have been to St Lucia several times and have used the helicopter service three or four times. It is a great experience and views not to mention a quick way to get to the resort we stay at on the North West end of the Island. Normally when we have taken the helicopter it has been a very positive and fun experience however this past visit after clearing customs my wife went to there desk in the airport and was met by a lady staff member that was very rude and agressive towards her. She was told that we did not have a reservation and was not treated very well. After double checking her paperwork she found the reservation and we carried on from there. I don't want to sound negative because we have always had a good experience with St Lucia Helicopters, it was just this last visit. In fact we are booked for a party of 10 of us this April for the airport transfer. I know that it can get pretty hectic in the tiny airport when there are lots of flights arriving, which there was that day, I just don't like paying hard earned money for someone to treat my wife in that way. As well now thinking about it, they had torrential rain on Christmas eve and bad flooding on the island where alot of people lost there belongings, homes and I beleive 8 people lost their lives. This could of had alot to do with the employees demeanor. Hopefully they will know the person I am talking about and rectify the situation, maybe with some training before the person loses the company some valued repeat customers. We flew in on Dec 29 on West Jet 2626 if anyone would like to get ahold of us from the company to speak about our experience. As always the pilot was awesome.

2  Thank BBDsnationals
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We were only in St Lucia for 1 day and decided a great way to see the island would be by helicopter. We were collected from the ship and taken to the airport where we were very well received. After a short wait we were introduced to our pilot Alex and after fuelling up the helicopter we took off. Fortunately sat in the front seats. Alex was both a fantastic pilot as well as exceptionally knowledgeable about the island. Our 30 minute flight took us all around the island with fantastic views of the Pitons and a very exhilarating flight. Would strongly recommend the trip and our thanks to the wonderful pilot Alex.

3  Thank AndreaL911