“Great Experience”

St. Lucia Helicopters
Ranked #8 of 43 Tours in Gros Islet
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Decided to take the helicopter to the smaller airport in the north to stay at Smugglers Cove (and back to the airport) instead of the windy hour and a half by road. Great decision. After arriving at the International airport and leaving luggage with St Lucian Helicopters (who transfer the luggage to you later in the day by road) was taken two minutes around the corner, hand luggage was security checked and then we were let in the gate and driven up to the helicopter. The ride itself took 12 minutes and was a great experience especially for my 7 year old daughter who was slightly apprehensive to begin with but loved every minute. The pilots on both journeys were very professional and very friendly. Would not hesitate to take the helicopter if I returned to the north of the island.

3  Thank Bummuffin

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Being given a choice of an hour and a half in a coach or 15 mins exciting flight in a helicopter over a tropical rain forest for minimal money it was really a no brainer!

We did have to wait for 40 mins on arrival as it seems everyone was travelling this way but when we lifted off the experience was spectacular! The pilots are really friendly and relaxed and point out interesting sights. The transfer to the hotel was simple and your luggage shortly arrived thereafter.

Going back there was only three of us in the chopper and we were able to sit at the front which made the views and experience even more spectacular!

Make sure you confirm your booking as we noted that one passenger upon arrival was not on the list and had to find her own way to the hotel. Was obviously not very happy.

2  Thank BigRichKent
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Took a flight to the north of the island as an alternative to a road transfer...One of the most unforgettable experiences of my life...My son and parents were amazed with the whole experience from start to finish...Highly recommend it to anyone...the pilot was very friendly and informative....If you visit St Lucia don't miss out on this.....

4  Thank Machen2310
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My wife and I thought we would splurge to start off our honeymoon (Sept.2-9) and get to the hotel quicker and get a head start on some sun and cocktails time!
I sent an email and though hearing horror stories of communication I recieved an email within 2 days. I asked another question and was responded to within another day and had us all booked up for pickup from the airport.
Upon arrival from the airport we waited in the Sandals lounge and waited approx. 5 mins and were taken to the gate to get to the airport. A security check was done as we were outside the properties and onto the helicopters we went. I was recording the event and we got the front seats. My wife who is afraid of heights absolutely loved it. The views were very nice and it was a quick 12 minutes relaxing ride to the north airport. Definately worth the trip at least one way to get a nice veiw of the island!

2  Thank iamcanadian10
Reviewed September 17, 2012

For over a month’s we tried to book a scenic helicopter tour with St Lucia Helicopters, we try on line reservation, emails, phones, no luck. We had just 1 day in St Lucia and really wanted to see they island from air. We were on island on Thursday and were very specific about it, we got confirmation for Wednesday, we reminded them we are there on Thursday, so we got confirmation for Saturday? Finally we got a taxi to the Helicopter tour operator, and were told maybe in the middle of the day. We did not want to waist our only day in St Lucia waiting around. The Helicopter was there, but I guess they just did not want to bother. Be careful they also advertise discount for direct booking on their web site, but when you ask about it in the emails they tell you it is only for airport transfer. Stay away and save yourself time and aggravation.

4  Thank diverMiss