“True St Lucian home cooked delight”
Review of Laurel's

Laurel's
Ranked #30 of 85 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our fourth visit to Windjammers and 8th dinner at Laurels. It's nearby and a real delight. Don't expect formality or haute cuisine, do expect home cooked good quality St Lucian food. laurels is a St Lucian bar/ restaurant. Be aware Weds and Saturday night are
Karaoke evenings and too noisy for us! Salt fish Accra to start, we believe the fish best and the whole lobster was a real delight, albeit one party member recommends the pork spare rib. Laurel makes the best bread and breadfruit balls on the island! Laurel herself is great fun and rightly takes great pride in her cooking. Excellent value when compared to WJ and a short trip. Enjoy!

1  Thank Kevin H

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went friday night with my girlfriend, dinner was really good. That's the second time we are going. take the fish... any fish! it comes with delicious ground provisions from the island. we were greeted with somefish accras and a spicy sauce. the dinner was extremely affordable (less that EC$200 for 2 persons, including wine, rum, and drinks).
Laurel's herself came to discuss with us, and we end up chatting for an hour! she's so nice and warm and has amazing stories to tell about the island and her experiences. we almost forgot to go out as we were feeling at home!

1  Thank Jerome R
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We went to Laurel's last month while staying at the Windjammer. The meal from start to finish was delicious. My boyfriend and I could not understand why more people were not enjoying her amazing cooking that night. Everyone was so friendly and the dishes were fantastic. One of the best meals we had on the island.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

i eat there often and the food is great,the owner laurel,she is a daughter of the soil and a bonifide chef when it comes to our st.lucian cuisine...as a person what can i say.....she is real and down to earth...try there anytime..

1  Thank billyelizee
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We dined at Laurel's on a Tuesday evening. Perhaps because people were waiting for karaoke night (Wednesday?), there was only one couple dining there besides the four of us. Lucky for us! as we did not have to share Laurel and her interesting stories with anyone else! The open dining area was very rustic and there were colored lights strung round about. My husband had lamb and he said it was tender and delicious! With great apprehension, I ordered the salt fish as I do not like "fishy fish" and I must admit, the name put me off. What a surprise! The fish tasted similar to tilapia and was very mild. It was smothered in a delicious sauce and some "bits" of vegetables, one of which had a name that sounded like "crystal"? Had I not been full, I would have eaten all the remaining breadfruit which was very good. We washed it all down with Piton beer which is only 5% alcohol so it was light and refreshing.

1  Thank Vista_Sultans