“real food and authentic lucian service..”
Review of Laurel's

Laurel's
Ranked #36 of 85 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2012

i eat there often and the food is great,the owner laurel,she is a daughter of the soil and a bonifide chef when it comes to our st.lucian cuisine...as a person what can i say.....she is real and down to earth...try there anytime..

1  Thank billyelizee

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We dined at Laurel's on a Tuesday evening. Perhaps because people were waiting for karaoke night (Wednesday?), there was only one couple dining there besides the four of us. Lucky for us! as we did not have to share Laurel and her interesting stories with anyone else! The open dining area was very rustic and there were colored lights strung round about. My husband had lamb and he said it was tender and delicious! With great apprehension, I ordered the salt fish as I do not like "fishy fish" and I must admit, the name put me off. What a surprise! The fish tasted similar to tilapia and was very mild. It was smothered in a delicious sauce and some "bits" of vegetables, one of which had a name that sounded like "crystal"? Had I not been full, I would have eaten all the remaining breadfruit which was very good. We washed it all down with Piton beer which is only 5% alcohol so it was light and refreshing.

1  Thank Vista_Sultans
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We always visit Laurels when we stay at Windjammer Landing. The food this year again was fantastic - the menu is quite small but all the dishes are freshly prepared with local fresh ingredients and truly delicious. Wednesday night is karaoke night and most definitely worth a visit - the locals can truly sing! If you want to eat Caribbean food in a friendly informal environment you must try Laurels.

2  Thank guvnor1001
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Laurel is an awesome personality and delivers a great local cuisine. Be sure to ask what is cooking for the day as the pot she has on is what the locals will be stopping by and eating. I love the Wednesday night Karaoke where you can hear island singer and Diva Nicole David inspire others to give it their all. I will definately be hanging out at Laurel's when I return to St Lucia.

1  Thank MyAuthenticFood
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Felt like we were a guest in her home and she was cooking for us. The lobster and shrimp were delicious!

1  Thank itsmejenn