Habitat Terrace
$329
  • Breakfast included
$314
Hotels.com
Bay Gardens Beach Resort(Gros Islet)
$314
$183
East Winds(Gros Islet)
$610
Hotels.com
The Ginger Lily Hotel(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$111
Palm Haven Hotel(Gros Islet)
$126
Villa Cleopatra(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$89
blu St Lucia(Gros Islet)
$274
$95
Travelocity
All reviewshome away from homerecent trip to stst luciarodney bay beacheasy accessfantastic staypigeon pointplunge poolcherylsupermarket
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Spent one week at HT, and am planning to return. I've known Cheryl since childhood, so it was very much being with family again. Met some very interesting return guests and made new friends. I especially liked the Caribbean ambiance, especially the flowers and colors.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floor, looking towards Rodney Bay
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank EGL33
habitatterrace09, Owner at Habitat Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

It is always good to have family friends stay at Habitat Terrace Hotel, and I am happy that you felt quite at home.

So nice of you to take time to let others know about us.
I look forward to you being back.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Since our retirement 14 years ago, my wife and I have travelled extensively in Europe, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean, having spent the winter months in the warmth of many of the Caribbean islands, including Guadeloupe, Martinique, St. Martin, Granada, Monsarrat, Turks and Caicos and Curacao, among others. Three years ago we dicovered Habitat Terrace in St. Lucia through the recommendation of a Canadian friend who had stayed there the previous winter. What a wonderful surprise. We will be returning in January for our third 3-month-long winter escape from the frigid temperatures of northern New England. The staff of this small boutique hotel is as friendly and accomodating as in any property we have ever visited. Cheryl, the owner/manager could not be more gracious, offering even to drive us to church services every week and to occasional duplicate bridge games in town. Walking to the Rodney Bay shopping centers (a mile and a half away) provides us with a perfect exercise routine and we have had no need to rent a vehicle. Cheryl will arrange for reliable transportation (frequently driving us herself) for any excursions we wish to enjoy on this beautiful island. St. Lucia has become our favored winter destination largely because of our experience at Habitat Terrace, the friendliness of the St. Lucian people and the safe environmnent, not to mention the beautiful beaches, the availability of excellent dining and shopping, and the favorable monetary exchange rate.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Fred L

I am never one of too may words, but now I am of fewer.
I am happy that you, your wife and friends have found your all-time Summer home in St. Lucia and at Habitat Terrace Hotel.
Thanks for being such wonderful caring friends over the years, and for sharing your experiences with the world. See you next year.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

After a bad experience with a villa that we had rented (details to follow) Cheryl took us in and treated us like family, drove us to the marina bought our groceries, we love everyone there, Karan, Shirley, Chelsea, the security guard who always welcomed us back at night,the pool was clean, the room, the grounds were immaculate, and a big thank you to our new friend, Cecilia who drove us around you are now all family to us, you truly care.

Room Tip: All good rooms, you are treated so good here you could sleep on the floor and still wake up refreshed.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
habitatterrace09, Front Office Manager at Habitat Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you Dave and Maureen for staying with us. We are happy you enjoyed your stay here. We enjoyed having you guys. Hope to see you again and do enjoy the rest of your year. Once again thanks a million.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I would not go back to Habitat Terrace again nor would I recommend it for the following reasons:

1) Hospitality/service lacking: When we arrived, the proprietress was busy setting up for a wedding that was about to take place...she kept saying how tired she was from setting up, and didn't really give us that great of a welcome. It was a wedding with 2 guests!! Not a massive amount of work required and even if it was, other guests should not be neglected because of it. It was like we were second-class guests. She said there was some paperwork we needed to fill out but never got around to doing it. We asked if she could help us exchange a small some of USD for EC dollars, and she said she could do it in the morning. The next morning, she wasn't around to do either thing.
Also, I had asked if we could print our boarding pass for our return flight. They list printing as one of their services and charge $2 EC per page. She said their printer was out of sorts and it would take too long to fix it.

2) Room so-so: It was a pretty standard room with minimal amenities. They replace towels and sheets only ONCE every THREE days due to their "green policy". I appreciate the intention behind this, but most hotels give that as an option, not enforce it as mandatory practice.
One of the days, there was no housekeeping at all. We had been leaving a decent tip for the housemaid each day and forgot one day...we thought that was the reason why she didn't make up our room. As a result we had mosquitoes and insects in the room because the garbage from previous day was not taken out. I mentioned this to the proprietress when we were checking out, and all she had to was "Oh yes, I forgot to tell you we weren't going to have housekeeping that day. I did mention it to some of the other guests but not you guys." Really?!? She didn’t even apologize or offer to make it up to us in any way. The in-room Wi-Fi was spotty. The "infinity" pool was a joke. I thought it looked more like a fountain and not a clean one either. No one used it while we were there.

I am very disappointed with my stay. I researched Tripadvisor and had high hopes for Habitat Terrace, given all the positive reviews...but it just wasn't the case for us. On the bright side, St Lucia itself was wonderful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2013

we spent our wonderful vacation at this beautiful hotel and the staff were so awesome..miss Skeete who has become our special friend was so welcoming as well.We got engaged on our second trip there and who knows might get married right there...we enjoyed our time there..it was sooo peaceful and always clean...WONDERFUL STAFF looking forword to our next visit in December 2013....thanks again special friends...

Room Tip: the double bedroom is perfect..larger bathroom excellent view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple