“After the street party, the after party! After the after party, the hotel lobby!”
Review of Delirius

Delirius
Ranked #8 of 85 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Casual dining, great food in a covered open air restaurant plus a beautiful outdoor garden. Menu includes barbecue, steaks, burgers, salads and fresh fish dishes plus a weekly changing specials menu. Award winning cocktails, beer and cocktail specials, friendly staff and a relaxed dining environment
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Such a cool bar for a great Friday night of dancing and drinking. There were lots of international guests and local revellers enjoying the aftermath of the famed 'Street Party' (which everyone should go to).

The prices are fair and the offers are great. Make sure you do not miss out!

DeliriusStLucia, Owner at Delirius, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Stewart_McGill,
Many thanks for your review! We're really pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your Delirius experience, thank you for sharing.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

The food was good; Mahi mahi was flavorful, bread was very good, but overall the staff seemed irritable. We made no special requests (dietary, seating, child food, etc.) but it seemed as if they had zero desire to serve.

I would eat there again but I know in advance friendly service is not on the menu.

DeliriusStLucia, Owner at Delirius, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Amy_M06,
I am so very sorry for your experience at Delirius and if I could turn back the clock to prevent it happening I most certainly would do. Your review is very welcome and has already this morning been the main focus of our staff communication forum, and it is also being discussed in detail at this evening's briefing. We actually do have lovely staff and I know they are saddened by being perceived as irritable and unfriendly. So we are using your feedback as a way of learning what went wrong, how to grow and improve and therefore how to make sure that it does not happen again.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Cocktails are really good. I especially recommend rum punch, made from the scratch every day. Bong is not for faint of heart. Food looked nice from a distance but there was not much choice for children.

DeliriusStLucia, Owner at Delirius, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Hi Caribbean-fan0311,
Many thanks for your review! We do cater for children, although we do not have a separate children's menu. We are happy to do child-sized portions of anything on the menu if your kids like to eat the same food as you, or we can make fish or chicken fingers with fries etc. for them if you prefer. Glad you enjoyed the cocktails :)

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

We visited Delirious after reading such great reviews, but still attended with a open mind.
Good Points:
It has a nice setting and the restaurant/bar is nicely finished.
We had 1 decent male waiter. Forgotten his name, but he had a great sense of humour and was welcoming.
My partner ordered ribs and enjoyed them.
Bad points:
We were seated in the corner near a bush and I could feel nothing but insects tormenting me. We asked to moved table and was told (by the stiffed faced waiter) that we couldn't move... even though there were a good few vacant tables around. My partner questioned this and we moved instantly....
All other staff, particularly female stood and watched diners like hawks, which made me feel uncomfortable. Yes, it's great to have attentive staff but this was too much.... We didn't see 1 smile, no personality and I think that's important to have in a waiter at such a highly rated establishment.
I got the curry goat with 'rice and peas'..... the meat was bland. Tasted like only curry powder had been used. The rice was with green peas.... We are in the Caribbean eating a traditional Caribbean dish... the green peas were a joke and my partner and I were highly amused at this.
There was no nice vibe... mood was somewhat 'cold'. Shocking. We were honest. ... the friendly waiter asked if we were ok and I told him all of the above.
Anyhow, each to their own. We won't be going back to Delirius.

DeliriusStLucia, Owner at Delirius, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Kasia M,
Many thanks for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy all aspects of your experience at Delirius, although your I'm happy that your partner enjoyed his ribs. My staff all remember you guys very well, you came on a particularly quiet night and that, unfortunately, may have contributed to you not enjoying yourselves so much.
I do have to point out though to others reading your review, that we do have an outdoor dining environment, and the dining room is a covered area in the middle of our beautiful garden. So anyone that does not enjoy listening to the cicadas and treefrogs singing in the ginger lily bushes then Delirius is definitely not the place for you! My staff were very happy to move you from your initial table though once they realized your discomfort at being so close to the plants and flowers.
In Jamaica, rice and peas is made with red beans, in St Lucia it is made mostly with lentils. We offer a more modern version of traditional St Lucian cuisine and lighten up the rice by using green peas instead of lentils. We're not in Jamaica so we do not use red beans. Dervin, our chef, uses his grandmother's recipe to cook the goat curry and that is a traditional St Lucian recipe that we have not adapted or changed. I'm sorry it was not to your taste, which is what you told the waiter on the night.
Two reviews ahead of yours comments on how friendly all of our staff are and how lovely the vibe is. As you say, each to their own. I'm sorry that we could not meet your requirements on the night.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Fabulous food & wine at reasonable prices.
Very friendly staff.
Duncan's Shrimps are highly recommended.

Hi Michael R,
Thank you very much! I love the Duncan's Shrimp too, except Duncan never gets the time to cook them at home for me anymore!!