“The greatest tour in St.Lucia -Hands Down”

Serenity Vacations and Tours
Ranked #1 of 45 Tours in Gros Islet
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience the adventures of a perfect vacation. Serenity Island adventures will dare you to defy the ordinary. We specialize in creating magical private and exclusive experiences while taking great care with groups of any size, with our much talked about and award winning Ambassador Service model. Your satisfaction is ours. Give your friendly vacation ambassadors a call today and start to experience the magic.MAGIC PEOPLE, sharing MAGIC MOMENTS, and creating MAGIC MEMORIES.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed October 2, 2009

We did this tour during the last week of August and let me say this was one of the best experiences of my life to date. John and Sharma became more than tour guides they became family by the end of the trip. They are the summit of good hospitality and are really Ambassadors to St.Lucia.

I would need a longer page to describe the whole tour but let me just say the full day island tour is a must do. Not to give anything away think food, smiles, culture, waterfalls, friendly people, sulphur springs, drive in volcano, mud, romance, love, friendship, joy, harmony, peace and all of what makes St.Lucia a precious island wrapped into one.

John and Sharma are quite the team and they made this trip magical, the are really sincere nothing put on or fake. They are genuinely happy to show you the best of St.Lucia. The vehicle is new, luxurious, all you can ask for, you will want for nothing.

I can not wait to go again. Take my advice and you will never regret it.

Heartfelft Thanks from your Bajan friends.

To all who are considering this tour after reading it send the email now, they respond within the hour anytime of the day. Trust me you will not regret it.

3  Thank Chef_Cor

Reviewed October 2, 2009

This tour company really goes out of its way to make your experience on St Lucia memorable. They are the most personable and customer-oriented tour providers we met on our entire Caribbean vacation. John is super friendly and helpful and the entire staff obviously cares about making you happy. Their toll free number lets you work out all the details before your trip. We chose them over the cruise ship offerings and we were not disappointed - we made the right choice. Their price was less than the cruise ship and their tour was much better too. You can't miss with Serenity Tours.

2  Thank JaySanDiego
Reviewed September 19, 2009

My family and I (2 adults, 2 boys aged 13 and 17) went to St. Lucia 8/29-9/5 and due to all the great reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to pre-book several tours and our airport transfers with Serenity Tours. We are glad we did -- they picked us up at the airport with a sign with our names on it, put us into a brand new private minivan complete with a cooler of cold drinks (sodas, water, Piton beer and rum punch) and drove us to our hotel (about 1 1/2 hours away). John and Sherma were great -- they gave us a mini tour as we drove to the hotel, pointing out things and telling us stories about the island. We stopped at the side of the road for grilled corn, and made another stop for a scenery/photo op on the Atlantic side of the island before crossing over to the West coast and our hotel. The price for the transfers ($95 US each way) was significantly cheaper than some other advertised companies I checked out, and also cheaper than the taxis for that length ride, and they really made the ride fun and part of the overall island experience. I highly recommend booking these transfers before you go (their website is serenitytvl.com). We booked 3 other tours with them (we used Carolyn's advice on the phone and booked our tours on non-cruise ship days -- we actually ended up with private tours each time, for the price of regular ones). The full day island tour was great -- John was the perfect host, full of island lore and a great sense of humor -- and a very safe driver, which appears to be a rarity on the island! The snacks and drinks were endless, and we stopped at several different bakeries for hot breads. We toured many different sites, including the volcano and sulphur pits, and then cooled off under a waterfall which was wonderful. We saw some great scenery and took lots of pictures, and my youngest son particularly enjoyed our visit to the Snake Man on the side of road. Lunch at the Pitons was good (my kids were a little "iffy" about the Caribbean buffet -- no chicken nuggets or burgers -- but there were so many snacks during the trip, they didn't go hungry). We had fun trying to escape a Home Depot truck all day, that somehow kept getting in front of us, despite our passing him. The tour ended with a visit to some local artisans, a trip to a bakery where we learned how they make cassava bread, and a ride through the local college on the first day back to school. John was a great host and we all enjoyed his company throughout the day. Our second trip was a hike through the Bar D'Lisle rainforest (we picked this one because it was close to our hotel, as opposed to the bigger rainforest that was much farther away). It was beautiful and very interesting, despite the heat/humidity and all those muddy steps (who knew there would be steps in a rainforest?). Sherma hiked with us and we all enjoyed climbing through the forest together, learning about all the different trees, plants and the many land crabs living there. Our last trip with Serenity was a 4x4 tour that my son got to go on alone for his 17th birthday, which was the highlight of his trip as he got to drive the 4x4 himself. He came back caked with mud with a huge smile on his face. When John and his son showed up on our last day to take us back to the airport, it felt like we were leaving good friends behind. I highly recommend Serenity -- check out their website as they have multiple tours for all types of experiences. You will be treated like part of their family. We miss you John and Sherma!

2  Thank centerfamily
Reviewed September 16, 2009

We were fortunate enough to have found John & Sherma of Serenity Tours when we were visiting St. Lucia in January of this year...they provided a personalized tour for us, as we were taking it, and never had a problem meeting our requests!

We had such a wonderful time with them that when we decided to take another cruise calling on St. Lucia in early September, I immediately contacted John asking for suggestions on something different for this visit.

Once again, Serenity provided us with a totally unbelievable day!

Sherma met us at the dock as we got off the ship and welcomed us with a warm smile and a big hug -- we were returning friends afterall. She then took us to a very nice dive boat - about 40' in length and extremely comfortable and sent us on our way. We took a 30 -45 minutes ride on the boat to the Ti Kaye resort where we were met at the dock and taken to the hotel office. The receptionist welcomed us to the property and gave us our day passes for the resort.

We were then escorted to a "lounge" (a type of covered deck perched on the side of the mountain) which provided unbelievable views of the ocean and warm calming breezes. After relaxing in the lounge for a short time, our escort returned to take us to the spa. We were given a choice of several massage oils and then directed to a room which had floor to ceiling windows overlooking the ocean and two massage tables. Our 'couples' massage started with a quick, soothing foot massage and ended with whole body massages lasting a bit over an hour. Ti Kaye thinks of everything: when lying face down on the massage tables, they even have mirrors for you to view the ocean with!!!

After our massages, we went to the restaurant where we had our choice of appetizer and main course or main course and dessert. We chose the appetizers, a seafood basket, and the largest hamburger I think I have EVER seen! Food was outstanding and sodas/water/tea were provided.

We then got to spend time on the private beach and did a bit of snorkeling. Chairs, umbrellas, kayaks, and snorkeling equipment is included in the day pass.

After about 7 hours, we got back on the dive boat to return to the ship. We returned to the cruise ship to be met by both John & Sherma. Throughout the day, Sherma called the resort to make sure we were enjoying ourselves and that everything was ok.

I have NEVER had such a relaxing, enjoyable, peaceful, SERENE day on a cruise in my life!!! Serenity has definitely outdone themselves this time -- you won't be disappointed with their spa/private beach package!!

2  Thank PattiMerritt
Reviewed August 20, 2009

We booked the Grenadines tour with Serenity last year in May 2008. I am so sorry that I haven't reviewed this trip until now. We had the BEST time! This was the best part of our honeymoon trip to St Lucia!! We loved St Lucia, but the flight over the islands, the catamaran, swimming with the turtles, and the gorgeous blue water on Palm Island was just AWESOME and breathtaking!! It was pure paradise! We felt very comfortable with the tour operators and they took care of us very well. The food was delicious on the boat. The rum punch was even better on the ride back to the resort. Of all the photos that we took on our vacation, my favorites are from Palm Island, the catamaran, and the underwater snorkeling that we did on this trip. To be honest, the tour was pricey, but it was so worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat.