“Hands Down the BEST Restaurant in Saint Lucia”
Review of Razmataz

Razmataz
Ranked #12 of 83 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Nepali
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Muskoka Lakes, Canada
“Hands Down the BEST Restaurant in Saint Lucia”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We are so lucky to have found Razmataz our first night and knew straight away we would frequent this gem as we are living on the island for 5.5 months. On our second visit everyone greeted us by name. The entire staff are friendly and helpful and everyone is always smiling. Not just smiling, light up your eyes and face smiling. Every time we go we feel like family thanks to all the staff. Great atmosphere, great decor, clean bathrooms, clean everywhere in fact, attention to detail and over the top excellent food. Kudos to Sue for putting together such a wonderful team. Thank you Dipendra for seeing to our needs as vegans and making each dish so scrumptious we are now addicted to your creations! See you again soon.

swright63, Owner at Razmataz, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank You for taking time to write about us!
We value what you say and look forward to serving you again soon!

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We went twice”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Found Razmataz on our second night in St Lucia and went back just over a week later. We enjoy Indian food and often go for a curry at home so with slight trepidation (partly because it didn't get many mentions when we looked for recommendations) we went to Razmataz. We were pleasantly surprised both times.

Food was very good - good sized portions but not the enormous dishes sometimes served, not overly spiced to mask flavours. Service was excellent - friendly even by local standards and the chef himself walks round speaking to diners.

Would particularly recommend the chilli chicken and chicken dhansak.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Nick D
swright63, Owner at Razmataz, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank You for your comments....it was our pleasure to serve YOU!
We value what you say about us and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Excellent meal. Vibrant atmosphere”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Honestly, I had been up since 3am to catch an early morning flight, so I was already a little tired when we arrived at Razmataz for our evening meal just after 7pm. The lively decor, friendly staff who treated us as if we were the only ones there (we weren't! all the tables on the long breezy balcony were occupied), the mouth watering aroma of indian spices all prepared me for the delectable dining experience I was about to have.
The fruit juice (golden apple) was smooth and rich, the portions of lamb and seafood/fish curries more than we were expecting, and the tandoori chicken was just too much to consume in one sitting. We all shared the rice, garlic naan and channa and NOONE was disappointed. Succulent meats, flavorful sauces with the right about of heat for each of us with staff making sure we were hydrated and needing for nothing. Fabulous!!
The one addition that could make this restaurant even better, would be a live musician with a sitar playing for a couple hours every night.

swright63, Owner at Razmataz, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank You for your great comments! We really value what you say about us!
I am presently trying hard to find a suitable musician!! Look forward to seeing you again soon!
Gros Islet, St. Lucia
“The best food on town!!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Razmataz is our favourite restaurant and is a must to dine at and experience the great amazing food prepared by Dipendra the chef and enjoy the wonderful atmosphere of this charming Tandoori Restaurant. Try Dipendra's Nepalese speciality dishes they are a must..
See you soon everyone and thank you for a wonderful evening...

swright63, Owner at Razmataz, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank You for your comments....we value what you say!
Looking forward to seeing YOU again soon!
hampton ct
“Quite possibly the worst food I have ever been served!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We drove from La Tok to Rodney Bay especially to try The Spice of India restaurant recommended by friends and which gets very good reviews on trip advisor. Unfortunately it was closed, very disappointed however we decided with curry in mind we would give Razzmatazz a try, big mistake!.. I actually don't know how to describe the food, but it certainly was not Indian & we left the majority of it. I ordered the tandoori fish thinking I would get beautiful fresh tandoor spiced fish, maybe on a skewer or something, but no I got a thin slab of over cooked tasteless marlin, it resembled a block of frozen coley that I feed my cat! seriously awful I had 2 bites & left the rest. My husband ordered Chicken Tikka masala, what arrived can only be described as bits of unseasoned chicken in what appeared to be Campbell's tomato soup & tasted like Campbell's tomato soup revolting. The naan bread was soggy and the egg fried rice??? (I have never seen egg fried rice on an Indian menu before, husbands choice) was greasy. I'm sorry Razzmatazz your staff were very polite and the service was fine, but you can surely do better than what we were served tonight especially as it was close to £50 for the awful experience. Very disappointing ..

swright63, Owner at Razmataz, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
It really does sound to have been a very disappointing evening for you!!

Disappointing too that we could not honour the Virgin discount you requested .....additionally to the 2 for 1 deal we gave to you......

We too are somewhat disappointed..... whilst most of your food was eaten - and you really did order a lot of food for two people!! - my staff were given NO indication that there was any problem! We truly would have welcomed the opportunity to correct any dish you were unhappy with! Had you not left so hurriedly maybe we could have ensured you left Razmataz a little happier ....... my Chef and my staff try exceedingly hard to always make a good customer experience for every individual visiting Raz!!