“Fantastic dishes & two for one!”
Review of Razmataz

Razmataz
Ranked #10 of 84 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 21, 2013

When we visited there was a two for one special during certain hours for their curry dishes. We really enjoyed our entrees - the spices were perfect and well balanced and the meats were prepared perfectly.
It's a bonus when the owners are from Nepal as well - don't miss this spot on your visit to Rodney Bay.

swright63, Owner at Razmataz, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank You for taking time to make comments about us!
We value what you say about us and look forward to serving you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Razmataz

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have visited this restaurant on several occasions, and in my opinion this is the best indian restaurant iin St Lucia!! The staff are always friendly and welcoming, with knowledge of the menu when required.

The Chef always seems to come and and try to meet the diners either before or after the meal. On our last two occasions he has come out before the meal and asked us what we are going to be eating, only to offer to come up with something to our specific likings, which i though was a great touch. The meal was excellent too.

The only criticism i could say about the food is that on a personal note, i don't like the naan bread, they are a little on the greasy side for me.

The restaurant itself is not the most modern, but it is traditional and it works in its environment.

Great restaurant

swright63, Owner at Razmataz, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank You for your comments.....we value what you say about us!
We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Razmataz has a nightly two for one main meal deal which we took advantage of, twice in fact. The menu was good, prices were good and we enjoyed our food very much. Service was good and the staff were friendly. It was busy and had good atmosphere on both occasions we dined there. I would recommend this as a good Indian restaurant.

swright63, Owner at Razmataz, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thank You for taking time to write about us!
We value what you say, and look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I first ate in this restaurant more than 10 years ago and had an excellent evening in all respects.

Last week, myself and a friend returned and were horribly disappointed. My family is from Rajasthan in India and I have been cooking authentic Indian cuisine for more than 40 years, not only as a hobby but also in restaurants in St Lucia and St Vincent & The Grenadines, where I live. I believe, therefore, that I have some basic knowledge of Indian cuisine.

The pappadoms were almost soft. What were described as chapati were absolutely not chapati, they were closer to naan bread but not actually naan either. As an aside, whatever they may have been, they were barely edible. The main courses were mediocre at best, and that's being generous.

The owner and one of the Nepali chefs then came to our table, essentially to tell us that we didn't know what we were talking about. They were obsequious and condescending and so, rather than invite confrontation, we left almost all of the food, paid the entire bill and walked out - never to return.

I was not looking for 10-star service and I am very familiar with the limitations which can crop up when certain items are not available here in the Caribbean. But, what I cannot excuse, is false advertising - a polite euphemism for outright lying. And to have added to that the condescension of management was little more than adding insult to injury.

It seems to me that this restaurant caters admirably for folks with plump wallets but who do not know much about Indian food, and I am sure that there will be many diners out there who feel that they ate a great meal.

I'm just sorry to say that I thought it was a disgrace and would never return.

Dining at their nearby competitor's was akin to passing from hell to heaven

swright63, Owner at Razmataz, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

We are all very delighted YOU will not be returning to Razmataz!
After you coughed and snotted all over the table and my staff.... you are hardly welcome!!
Your rude unhappy manner was impossible serve.
Advice.....stay at home and take care your health!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I had dinner for the third time yesterday evening and as usual it was EXCELLENT!
The decor is nice, the service is perfect but above all the food is superb.
I chose the Vegetable Vindaloo. This dish is very very hot: it is even written in their menu "only for the braves!" But, this is my "cup of tea", I simply love it like it is ;-)
The naan is the best naan we've ever eaten. And I have to say that I went to India 3 times!
The other dishes my husband chose were all very very good. Full of flavors, perfectly spiced.
A the end of the meal, the chef came into the dinner room to ask his clients about the food.
So, I RECOMMEND this restaurant: if you have the opportunity to go, do not hesitate. You won't be disappointed!!!

swright63, Owner at Razmataz, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank You for your comments!
We really value what you say about us.
We look forward to serving you again soon.