“Favourite restaurant in St Lucia”
Review of Razmataz

Razmataz
Ranked #11 of 84 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Always end up back at Razmataz, either eating in or taking out. Friendly staff, terrific food: invariably have a nice time here. Razmataz has never disappointed us, in more than twelve years.

1  Thank Reef_StLucia
swright63, Owner at Razmataz, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank You for your review! We value what you have to say about us and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Unfortunately the dishes did not taste like the Indian restaurants I know so far. It is not really bad but I am not totally convinced of the taste of food and preparation skills of the cook

swright63, Owner at Razmataz, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Thank you for your review. Your comments have been noted, and we are working on what you tell us!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was the only Indian Restaurant open in Rodney Bay, so, given that we were out for a curry, this was our choice. Perhaps we are blessed with particularly good Indian Restaurants in England, but this one simply failed to make the grade, I am afraid.
The pappadams, as EC$6 each (equivalent to £1.70) were the first disappointment of the evening, plain and small, they did not justify that price. The accompanying sauces were equally dissapointing, no pieces of mangos in the chutney (always an indicator of a bottom-of-the-market supplier), no pieces of limes in the lime pickle and the yogurt dish recipe needed some sweetening.
They sold no Indian beers or largers.
Ths choice of starters was quite limited, though the fish pakora (with local fish) was tasty, but not something I would normally associate with Indian food, more a canape at a party.
I chose a lamb dish, requesting it hot. Hot? What arrived was mre like a lamb stew! Eventually I sent it back and they provided a Madras sauce to spice it up a bit, having suggested that maybe they had delivered the wrong dish to me.
At the end of the evening, we paid a little more than we would have done for an curry (or superior quality) in the UK, but had we not been able to benefit from the two-for-one before 7.30 deal, I would have made more of this point.
They helped themselves to a 10% service charge, something that was hardly justified. Maybe we had just come on a busy evening? It was adequate, but I am afraid that most of the staff just looked bored, though there was one guy there with a lovely smile and a positive attitude.
On the plus side, the Naan Bread was good, but on its own it was not good enough to justify a return visit!

Thank you for your very comprehensive review of Raz. It is so impressive that you give so much of your holiday time to do this! but feedback for us can always be constructive.
It must be understood that getting our specialised foods to the island is very costly (ex. papadums!) and not easy. All our chutney tray sauces are made on our premises from fresh local ingredients - and through out the years experiences we have learnt our majority of patrons prefer 'blended' sauces for spreading on papadums.
Our local brewery/government will not grant licence to import Indian beers - disappointing! but we do have very good local beverages so we must accept these decisions!
We do have wonderful local fish, vegs etc and we do try hard to incorporate these within our menu. Every dish is cooked individually for each customer- to request! maybe a communication hitch on your evening visit?
Never have my staff 'helped themselves' to service charge! The bill is presented to you! If you choose to object about anything.....the problem is addressed and corrected! Service charge is a NOT compulsory item!
My staff strive at all times at customer care - but it has been a tough week! Me in an accident and absent! and all my staff worried and concerned! So maybe not the best evening for your visit to Raz - but all is improving by the hour!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I loved this place wish I would of tried it earlier in my vacation so I could of ate there more. Very good prices and service. Had tandori chicken sizzler with mushroom rice, loved everything and the Naan bread was very tasty .

Thank you for your comments! we value all you have to say about us!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I go for dinner every week or two. It lacks the ambiance of Spice of Indian but it's a standout in its own right. The chili chicken and chicken vindaloo really knock it out of the park. The garlic naan is always warm and buttery. There is a 2 for 1 drink special daily from 5-7 that shouldn't be missed.

1  Thank ccesq
swright63, Owner at Razmataz, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank You for taking time to write a review on us!
We really value what you have to say about us!