“Very good evening in a nice place.”

Jacques Waterfront Dining aka Froggie Jacques
Ranked #4 of 83 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Jacques Waterfront Dining is a hidden gem at the entrance to St. Lucia's Rodney Bay Marina, offering tranquil waterfront dining, a market fresh menu, a constant tropical breeze and beautiful views across the Marina to the hills beyond. Chef Jacques and his wife offer a French Mediterranean menu with a Caribbean twist and have a long-standing reputation for consistency in both the quality of the food and the service with which it is delivered. Excellence since 1999
London, United Kingdom
“Very good evening in a nice place.”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The food is very good, the service is very friendly and the location is excellent. We had a good time, with all courses tasty. A special mention for the Jaques (the chef) and his wife (English speaking French) : they are indeed very welcoming.

Hampshire, UK
“A must visit!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Wonderful restaurant. My husband and I first visited Froggy Jacques (as it used to be known) about 8 years ago when it was situated in Vigie Cove. We always promised ourselves a return visit and this year we finally managed to fit in a visit.

Jacques Waterfront Dining has moved to a new location inRodney Bay, just as lovely as the previous location, great waterside views and a lovely atmosphere. The restaurant has been extended by Cathy & Jacky and the simplicity of the decoration and the clean bright white table linens add to its elegance. The menu is simple and unfussy with something for everyone. I would personally recommend the catch of the day - simply superb. My husband and I plumped for this and asked for no garlic or onion with the meal, our smiley, helpful waitress told us "no problem" and we got exactly as we asked. The flavours were superb and the fish was served with potatoes, rice and a mix of vegetables. Unlike some restaurants, diners really do get a full plate here. My husband had the desert - the cheesecake which he described as spectacular - that's a real compliment!! It kept him quiet for 10 mins so I know he enjoyed it. The meal was rounded off with an excellent after dinner coffee.

Quite honestly I couldn't fault any aspect, and wouldn't want to. The staff are a wonderful asset to Cathy and Jacky - from the lovely lady that greeted us to our two waitresses. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone was friendly and welcoming. Service was discreet and we weren't rushed at all. Cathy came out to see us to check everything was to our liking and it was lovely to see her again and have a chat.

All in all, a superb meal which we felt was good value for money, lovely surroundings and great staff. What more could you ask for?

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Elliedoc
Poole
“Delicious food and excellent waterfront location”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The Scallops were very tasty as was the Dorado. So anything fishy is recommended. The dessert was lovely- hot fruits in a custardy mix

London, United Kingdom
“Good Food, slightly pricey but expected that”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The food was great at Jacques, our request for a salad with Caesar dressing was absolutely fine and very much appreciated. I had the steak for main whilst my wife had the chicken and both were cooked brilliantly and to both our liking. I would of personally like more Broccoli and Potato with the steak but I don't expect the chef to be a mind reader!

Needless to say we were so full that we had no room for dessert.

I feel the only thing stopping me give this 5 stars is the fact that the staff need to be a little bit more "Silver Service", especially when the food can match that standard. Examples were them checking their mobile phones on public display etc, it just affected the ambience rather than the service itself. Again not a gripe just some constructive criticism.

Cannot fault the location although we were there at night so the view was very covered. The restaurant is very easy to find once you are in the village and is also well sign posted once on the right road in Rodney Bay. We did not make a reservation either and walked straight in and got a harbour view table which we enjoyed (Although I had to change seats with my wife as it was quite windy).

Daniel and Rebecca

• Visited February 2013
London, England
“Excellent Food, great location”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

An excellent restaurant overlooking the marina. Although expensive, it's probably the best of the more formal restaurants in Rodney Bay