“Back with Style - lovely Sunday Brunch and Dinner!”

Jacques Waterfront Dining aka Froggie Jacques
Ranked #4 of 83 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Jacques Waterfront Dining is one of St. Lucia’s most popular restaurants, with a long-standing reputation for consistency in both the quality of the food and the service with which it is delivered. We recently re-opened in a new and exciting waterfront location in the heart of Rodney Bay. This intimate and elegant restaurant right on the edge of the marina is set within the beautiful gardens of Harmony Suites Hotel, with superb uninterrupted views of the marina and hills beyond. Find us just off the main street in Rodney Bay, first right after the East Caribbean Village condo complex. Chef Jacques is well travelled, having worked in Africa, the Middle East and Far East, and enjoys bringing his various culinary experiences into his cuisine. When asked about his style of cuisine he likes to talk of fusion. French and Caribbean cuisines are melded using his French cooking experience and the wonderful Caribbean flavours that are available to him on a daily basis.
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Back with Style – lovely Sunday Brunch and Dinner!
Jacques Waterfront Dining, Rodney Bay

We used to go to “Froggie Jacques” in the days when they were in Vigie Cove.
The new location, at the end of Rodney Bay near the Happy Day bar, is very pretty and there is lots of activity to watch on the water. The restaurant itself has a lovely entrance with great floor tiling and the bar is on the right hand side just after you walk in. Lots of orchids and pretty nightlights decorate the place.

The menu in the evening is Mediterranean and my rack of lamb was beautifully cooked with a very nice sauce. Jacky presented this with lots of different vegetables done in different ways which were a pleasure to try. I also loved the basil and tomato tart with homemade puff pastry. One of my friends had the mediterranan fish soup which was lovely. Nice wines too. Many of the regular staff are still there including Keeva (sp) and Cyril at the bar. Allan and Tara were very pleasant too. At times the restaurant got busy so Cyril came out from the bar to lend a hand!

Sunday Brunch was great fun and good value. We visited with a group of friends. Lots of dishes ranging from scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, omelets cooked to order, to wonderful authentic French fish broth, curries, ham carved on request, lovely sausage, great selection of salads, vegetables, fish and the prettiest “mini-dessert” table I have ever seen! The great thing about this was that the food was constantly replenished so tasted fresh and you could spend a very happy 3 hours eating and talking with friends. The jazz trio, consisiting of sax, guitar and very good steel pan, was not amplified and therefore unobtrusive. They were very good.

The restaurant was full for jazz brunch and I can see this being popular!

1  Thank St-Lucia_Enthusiast

Reviewed February 1, 2012

We had a wonderful evening here. The food was as good as it gets. It comes at a price though!!!

Reviewed January 29, 2012

We discovered Jacques whilst exploring one morning. It is right down at the far end of the road which runs parallel to the beach & across a Car Park. It was closed at the time, but popped back one evening & spoke to Cathy & learned about the Sunday Brunch so decided to give it a try. 85EC per person.

We arrived at 12.00 although it runs from 11.00am to 2.30p.m. There were a few others just arriving at the same time. There was a breakfast table with an egg chef on duty & Jacky was busy putting out the rest of the food. Even so he made time to chat to us.

We chose a table where our view of the Marina wasn't obscured by the plastic sheeting as wanted to do some photography whilst there. We did catch the wind, but that was our choice.( Glass sliding doors would be perfect.)

A Jazz trio were playing gently in the background.

There were lots of attentive staff on duty & they were quick to take our plates away as we finished each course. We started off with breakfast & then progressed to Fish soup, then on to Fish with Cauliflower Gratin. Then I hit the salads. There were also meat dishes, BBQ kebabs & Ribs. So much food all beautifully prepared & served & delicious.

The only way to do it was slowly & small portions of everything. We hadn't eaten breakfast so were starving. Just when I thought I really couldn't eat any more I discovered the desserts - what a selection. Had to squeeze one in. Needless to say couldn't manage to eat anything else that day.

More people arrived during the course of the day - two large tables descended around 2.00p.m.

We had a chat to Cathy as we left. She is so friendly & we hope they do really well & pick up a lot of business.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

We visited Jacques upon the recommendation of someone who had been a number of times. The atmosphere was lovely , although I'm not sure why the plastic sheeting remained up in parts. The service was polite but not overly friendly which is fine. Problem was that it took 2 hours to get our main courses. One person in our party had not had lunch. Finally, my husband got up and spoke to them. I believe it was a particularly busy night and they simply did not have the capacity. If anyone had apologized or offered us an explanation and let's say a free drink, I would have been fine. But they simply avoided our table. Quite off putting. The food wa excellent when it did come. Carefully prepared and if anything a bit too fussy but all very fresh and tasty. The price was what you'd expect here. My hasband and I each had two glasses of wine and 3 courses and the bill with service was well over 300 ECs about 130=150 US at least.

Cathy R, Owner at Jacques Waterfront Dining aka Froggie Jacques, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

Hello there! Yes, the plastic sheeting.... I have explained this one before but here goes again. It is temporary until we get our proper blinds delivered. It is up in parts on some evenings when it is not too breezy to give people the choice of breezy or not so breezy dining. I always explain this as I am seating clients. It was a particularly busy night on the night that you dined and I am happy to hear that you thought the food was excellent! however I can assure you that nobody waited 2 hours for their food. I remember that your husband came and asked me for more bread for your friend who hadn't eaten for 12 hours and we brought it to the table straight away. It is a shame that your friend didn't take an appetizer especially as yourself and your husband did.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

This restaurant had a fire that destroyed the building. They have rebuilt and recently opened in Rodney Bay.