“Piano bar/Restaurant with style”
Review of The Great House Restaurant - CLOSED

The Great House Restaurant
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Excellent service and entertainment and beautiful views.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

We had our son and daughter-in-law's wedding reception at the Great House Resaurant. It is a lovely old plantation house and was perfect for the reception. We requested local cuisine and its was very good. The flowers and the decorations were stunning. We found the staff helpful and courteous. We finished the evening with a dance on the balcony which was magical. The view is beautiful and we were so happy to have had the Great House for our venue.

1  Thank c0untrychick
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We had the most awful experience: slow and bad service, then told us after we had eaten first course that the main dish was unavailable, ordered cocktails and they were given to table next to us. Then charged a huge amount for meal, only to find 6 weeks later that they had claimed for it in US dollars and not local currency EC dollars...that amounts to a huge hike! Incompetence or dishonesty, not sure which but huge hassle for us to pursue.
So do not eat here.... go to one of the great restaurants in Rodney Bay, very close by.

2  Thank katdSurrey
Reviewed June 10, 2011

They charged me the EC$ amount as US$. I have informed Amex who will refund the difference.
Also they took ages to take the order and then after we had finished the starters they then told us they did not have the the main courses we had ordered. It wasn't as though the place was full. We were the only table at 7.30. ( I know, we should never have entered the place!) on a Saturday night. Some other people arrived after us and they then took their order first and the drinks we had ordered were delivered to their table not ours. We should have walked out then. Complete amateurs. Talk about Fawlty Towers!

3  Thank rugby8685
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I've used tripadvisor for many years but this is the first time i felt the need to comment in a negative way. We had a great meal here over 12 years ago and was very much looking forward to returning and hadn't checked the site for comments before we went. Decor was a little tired but ok, first issue was the wine we ordered was not available, but no big issue. Starters were ok, then an almighty row between the hostess and the chef could be heard and went on for 5 mins before the manager joined in - first time I've ever experienced the staff shouting at each other in obvious hearing of the diners. Main course eventually arrived and my king prawns were overcooked and bunt in places and my husbands snapper was certainly not fresh. When the chef came to check if we'd enjoyed the meal I told him
of the issues and he blamed the waitress for not collecting the plates soon enough... 20 mins later my brulle arrived with a thick crust on top which couldn't be broken by a spoon. We advised the manager of the problems and he offered a bottle of wine at our next meal - we finally settled on a 15% discount. It then took over 30 mins and 3 credit cards later to be told there credit card machine was not working. My husband has had to drive back tonight to pay the bill. All in all a dismal experience.

3  Thank Karenlewis