“Great lunch spot over looking the bay”

Hi Tide Restaurant at Bay Gardens Beach Resort
Ranked #59 of 83 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Surf’s up any time at Hi Tide beachside restaurant at Bay Gardens Beach Resort and Spa. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Hi Tide offers one of the most diverse menus on the Rodney Bay Village strip. Breakfast time features a delectable mix of Caribbean and traditional breakfast items. For lunch enjoy tantalizing Hi Tide favourites such as the Bikini Burger or authentic Caribbean meals such as Jerk Pork or island Conch Fritters. Our Lo Tide Deli offers lighter fare and something’s always cooking at the Volcano Rocks Grill. The adventure does not stop at dinner time with a wide range of International theme nights to choose from highlighted by our Caribbean Night Buffet and Reggae on the Beach Barbecue an complemented by a wide range of theme nights Pub Night, Steak Night, French Night, Seafood Night among others.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Good service and great seafood at a good price. Try the seafood wrap or the chicken roti. Nice atmosphere and pleasant service make this an enjoyable spot to watch the world go by.

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

had a great time. great food. lamb was amazing. marvin was a great host. will be back. atmosphere was amazing. loved it.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were staying at Bay Gardens so we ate at Hi Tide a few times. The first night was a Manager's reception and dinner was an amazing buffet of so many local dishes. We didn't know what the majority of it was so this was a really nice way to get introduced to the cuisine. I ate things I thought I'd never try and really enjoyed it. Some of the dishes were outstanding and were some of the desserts. Only issue with this dinner - $$$. $37.50 US per person. Plus drinks. But then you look around and the sand is two steps away. You hear the ocean breaking and watch the sailboats come in for the night (you can see the entrance to the Rodney Bay Marina from here). It is GORGEOUS.

We ate a couple of breakfasts at Hi Tide as well. There was ongoing confusion about what our 'included' continental breakfast included and what it didn't. We had a 2 bedroom suite which is really two rooms connecting yet we only got 2 bfasts free for some reason. Well the first day we got 3. After that we got 2.?.? There were some bfast items we really enjoyed (Fried Bakes!) and the fruit array but some others were not good. The meats, the pancakes not so good. Did I mention it was a buffet? They also have full menu service for bfast.

The staff is extra special though. Really quite wonderful. We had one waitress really take care of us. Nicky. On our last day, she offered to gather us a bfast and bring it up to our room the next morning before departure. She brought us saltfish, fried bakes, cocoa tea, cucumbers. Taught us how to eat it etc. It was really nice! I didn't have to think about bfast for our last morning and it was nice to get one last local treat in before leaving.

All in all, it is a nice restaurant with a good sized menu with a wonderful view and staff.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Ate here for dinner our first night. I ordered the Thai Seafood, my husband ordered the waitress's recommended chicken wrap.
I love Thai, I love seafood of all sorts (even squid & octopus). Awful. I powered through it b/c I was hungry. The whole squid was nice, but there were larger pieces of what I assumed were larger squid legs, and they were EXTREMELY tough. One bit could not even be chewed. I gave it to the cat (open air restaurant - I actually liked the cats (2). There were some shrimp in there, but it was hard to enjoy since the other bits were beyond the normal calamari chewy. D-
My husband gave the chicken wrap a C-.
Entertainment: Karaoke night. My only comment on this would be, lower the volume. Bad singers or good, it was way too loud. We could hear it in the room (or was that the cats fighting?).
The kids had opted to order pizza in the room from Domino's. They were happy.

baygardensresorts, Manager at Hi Tide Restaurant at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

We’re very sorry to learn that you did not have what has become the usual pleasant dining experience at Trios restaurant. We will have our chefs reassess these dishes and try to understand what could have gone wrong here.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Casual dining right on the beach. Good menu choice, great buffet breakfast. Nice bar for drinks and nice sitting area whilst waiting for a table. Service pleasant and attentive - unusual for the Caribbean.

baygardensresorts, Manager at Hi Tide Restaurant at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Beachfront dining is the best. Thank you for dining with us and taking the time out leave this great review. Stop by again anytime!