“Great Location, Meh on the Food”

Spinnakers Beach Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 86 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Description: Ideally located right on Reduit beach, Spinnakers serves good food every day, breakfast, luncheon and dinner. The menu is varied with the lunch menu changing daily. Our food is all freshly made using local produce as much as possible. International and local dished are featured with affordable and competitive pricing. We have an excellent friendly staff who are waiting to meet you!
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This place could really capitalize on its location since there are few locations on the beach in Rodney Bay. The food missed the mark for us, though. I had the curry shrimp, and while the shrimp tasted fresh, I believe that I may have gotten food poisoning here. Shortly after leaving the restaurant, I almost vomited several times for no apparent reason (I'm too old to be pregnant). My husband had the fish creole and the base tasted excessively of tomato and the fish was very fishy tasting, not fresh at all. My husband also experienced Montezuma's revenge after eating here. We're wondering if both our dinners shared the same secret ingredient given that we both suffered the same effects from totally different meals. Would not return here again except for maybe drinks.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,025)

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The food and service is very good and it's located right on the beach too. It's why you go to the Caribbean for a location like this.

People tell us dinner is good too, but you are so spoiled for choice in the area it's easy to miss this place, but we aim to try it out one day.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Really romantic spot for a lovely dinner. The food was good and it is great to be able to watch the sun go down on the beach. Service was friendly and attentive, I would definitely recommend!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Every time I come to St. Lucia on business, I try to make it to this place - not so much for the food, but for the location right on Reduit Beach. There are really no other options for restaurants right on this particular beach, which is wide and pretty, particularly for a public beach. Drinks, sandwiches and fish tacos are decent. Anything that sounds a little more creative is hit or miss.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Wicked food, helpful staff and the Lobster Thermidor and fish platters are amazing! Something for everybody...and when your trying to please 4 teenagers that, believe me is no mean feat! Cocktails for mummy... Yay! Beer and rum punch for daddy...yay!

The location on Reduit Beach was brilliant... literally on the beach.....

Would have dinner at Spinnakers tomorrow given half a chance :-)