Captain Mike's - Sports Fishing and Whale Watching Tours
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Whales”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

A very good trip lasting about 3 hours. We went down as far as the Pitons and saw flying fish, dolphins and pilot whales. Whilst these cannot be guaranteed it would still make a very pleasant trip.
Our boat was incontact with another and helped each other if they saw anything.
Soft drinks and of cause rum punch was served.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank absBournemouth

Sussex
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

My sister and I booked this up at the start of our short stay in St.Lucia and were really looking forward to it but got a bit worried when we woke up and saw it raining heavily outside! By the time we got on the boat however it had stopped and actually out on the sea was the best place to be as inland was cloudy. The weather after that was perfect and visibility great. We went down toward the Pitons so got some great photos and then spotted Pilot Whales and Fraser dolphins. We just sat and watched them surfing while we had rum and punch. Perfect. The captain spotted Sperm whales but they can hold their breath for over an hour so they went back under never to be seen again unfortunately but never the less it was a great trip, cheap at approx £30. Bring lots of suntan lotion and a snack if you can't miss breakfast as the trip leaves early.

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“More of a boat trip than fishing trip”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Hmmm, I have to confess, I was a little disappointed with this fishing trip.

We didn't catch any fish in 4 hours. That happens and isn't the reason I felt disappointed. You don't really do any fishing yourself, you just take it in turns to sit in a chair where there are a number of pre-cast rods around you and should there be a bite (after they do some initial fighting) you would get a go at trying to land it. We had 2 bites which both got away before the person in the chair touched the rod.

So, in reality, you are actually 'fishing' for about 30 mins out of the 4 hours you are on the boat. The rest of the time you sit around and take in the sites, which is nice enough but time (and money) would be better spent doing the whale watching trip instead.

The boat was nice, they give you a few free beers and the staff are enthusiastic and pleasant.

I'm not hugely experienced with deep sea fishing but when I have done similar trips, I have had my own rod, put the bait on myself and cast myself. So actually feel like I'm fishing.

I'm sure the Captain Mike set up is perfect for many but wasn't for me unfortunately.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank cdann83
Macduff, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“SUPERB 4 HOURS EVEN THOUGH THE FISH DID NOT BITE”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were on a cruise with Celebrity Eclipse and booked a morning fishing with Captain Mikes in St Lucia. A definite first for the four of us. We had an absolutely brilliant time even though we did not catch anything and that wasn't for the lack of trying by the two lovely guys who took us out fishing. It was a bit choppy but the sun did shine until we got back into port then heavens opened. As with any sea trip there are absolutely no guarantees that there will be fish biting, so you just take your chance. One more compliment for these guys - if you get the chance to try their rum punch on the boat, go for it as it tastes absolutely brilliant.
If we head back to St Lucia you can be sure we will be out there with Captain Mikes to get the one that got away.

Visited November 2013
west sussex
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Lots of dolphins”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We visited St Lucia in Nov 2013. Captain Mike's is a well run Dolphin and Whale watching trip which lasted around two hours. A great way to see the west coast of the island. We set off from Castries and headed south towards the beautiful Pitons, where we got some lovely photos of the spectacular coastline.

We saw plenty of dolphins which were really great. They there chasing the boat and jumping out of the water all around the boat. Unfortunately we didn't see any whales, but the amount of dolphins made up for that.

Drinks were plentiful throughout the trip.

A recommended trip!