Apartment Espoir
$82
$363
$325
$125
Casa del Vega(Castries)(Great Value!)
$65
$53
Bel Jou Hotel(Castries)
$239
$214
Travelocity
Sandals Regency La Toc(Castries)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort(Castries)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrodney bayfantastic hospitalityfull kitchen facilitiesst luciafriendly hostsfew minutes walkpigeon islandeasy accesstop floorair conbeds were comfortableguest houseceiling fana wonderful staycastries marketus dollarskeith
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Me and my boyfriend went to Saint Lucia in December 2012 and Apartment Espoir + Keith & Sabina (the owners) really made our stay in Saint Lucia unforgettable!

After 40 hours of travelling we arrived in Saint Lucia on the evening of the 26th of December. Since it was a holiday all grocery stores were closed and we were hungry after so many hours of travelling. Keith took us in his own car to look for some place where we could buy some food and drink which was so nice of him, we ended up at a really nice Pizza place! The day after when we woke up Keith drove us around Rodney Bay and Gros Islet and showed us the beaches and other places to visit during our stay. He also took us to the local bakery and bought us local food (since we only had US dollars). He was basically our personal guide! Thanks to him and Sabina we really got to know the 'real' Saint Lucia. After a few days we decided to hike the Pitons. Keith was really helpful and arranged the whole day for us and really tried to find the cheapest alternative for us, we were in really good hands :) and the hiking tour was amazing!

Apartment Espoir has the perfect location with a stunning view of Saint Lucia. We started off with breakfast on the balcony every morning and both me and my boyfriend felt that we could sit there for hours just looking at the view. There are some restaurants close by (walking distance) but if you want a lot to choose among you should take the local bus to Rodney Bay (takes less than 5 min and costs 3 ECD for 2 people) there you have hundreds of restaurants. Me and my boyfriend really loved Apartment Espoir in the evening so we cooked our food in the well equipped kitchen and ate our food on the balcony, played cards and listened to the birds - it was wonderful!

You can walk to the beach in less than 2 minutes and it is a really nice and calm beach.We drove around the island and this beach at Apartment Espoir was definitely one of the best beaches on the island. The sunsets were stunning as you can see on my pictures! The pool area and the garden of Apartment Espoir is also beautiful, with bananas and flowers growing everywhere. The room was nice and clean and the kitchen had all you needed.

We are really pleased with our holiday in Saint Lucia and if we go back we will most definitely stay at Apartment Espoir!

//Martina

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martinafina
c130Engineer, Owner at Apartment Espoir, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Wow! What a wonderful review. Thank you so much for all those lovely comments. I must say I had to read this review a few times. I felt such a Joy to know you both thoroughly enjoyed your selves. You were able to fulfil your dreams @ Espoir & on our beautiful Island of St Lucia. It was a great Pleasure meeting you both. We look forward to seeing you again. I enjoyed sharing my knowledge of my Island with you. We @ Espoir try our best to help our guests have a wonderful vacation whilst they are here. A review like this certainly shows that we have succeeded. Thank you!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I just came back from my 9-day-St. Lucia trip spending all my vacation at Espoir. I am totally excited and can only recommend it. The place of the property is located on a little hill in 2 mins walking distance to a lovely beach - which I could compare to and found it as the nicest beach in the northern area of the island.
The hill situation offers great views of morning light over greenery and evening sunset into the sea. An absolutely romantic place!!!
The owners Sabine and Keith are the most lovely, caring and helpful people I met in quite a while. They are helpful on advice and help you to organize your day trips and know everything worth to know about the island and its people. It makes your time really valuable.
I stayed 6 days in a 1-2 persons studio and moved for 3 days in an apartment on the upper floor - all rooms offer sea view.
I am a luxury hotel goer for most of my trips but I was so glad that for this time I had decided for this guest house. Although the property is situated at a tranquil and dreamy place near a bay it does not mean that you are remote from shops and entertainment. By public bus or car facilities of convenience are easily to reach with no big fuss. The apartments are all well equipped with everything (microwave, AC, fridge, water cooker, dishes, pots, cutlery....) and nothing is left to be missed - even a full collection of adapters are provided. I will come again.
The owners organized for my arrival and departure an airport transfer.

Room Tip: all kinds of rooms are nice - I cannot specify a worse or better location as all rooms are good
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
c130Engineer, Owner at Apartment Espoir, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Many, many thanks for all these wonderful words! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. You came to us with your dreams & Ideas of what you wanted to see & do during your holiday. I am so happy that we were able to assist you in fulfilling your wishes. As we say @ Espoir “Dont just dream it, Do it”. I am so proud of you! It was a great pleasure having you @ Espoir & we look forward to welcoming you back to Espoir & our Beautiful Island of St Lucia.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We spent 12 nights at Espoir in February and had a great time. It's hard to add anything to the other reviews. Keith and Sabine are special people and make your stay a joy. We spent lots of time at windjammer beach and exploring this wonderful island on mini buses. We had an upper level room and the view was to die for and we enjoyed the pool as well. If you are looking for a true tropical getaway don't hesitate, just go!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
c130Engineer, Owner at Apartment Espoir, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time spent with us at Apartment Espoir Once again, thank you for posting these wonderful comments; I am sure it will help assist other travellers when planning their own holiday.
We hope to welcome you back to Apartment Espoir at some point in the future.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We loved staying at Espoir!! Room was clean, view was very nice, beach was near by, and mostly the hosts, Sabine & Keith, were just wonderful!
The room has full kitchen, so you can prepare your own meal if you'd like. Great way of saving money!
We spent lots of time at the balcony during breakfast and just admiring their beautiful garden. The dogs loved to visit and hang out at the balcony too! :) We usually saw Keith and just loved talking with him. He's a wonderful man! Wish our stays there were a little bit longer!! We miss you Sabine & Keith! -M&M-

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Many, many thanks for all these wonderful words! Wow! I can’t begin to thank you for your kind comments. It was a great pleasure having you @ Espoir. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a comment, what lovely words, and thank you. It was a great pleasure meeting you & we look forward to your return. You were great guests & that helped to make your vacation great. It’s always a pleasure having such wonderful people to share my Island with.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stayed at the Espoir for one and a half weeks during Christmas and New Years. If you're looking for an all-inclusive place to stay with spa treatments and god-knows-what go to the East Winds Inn or the Windjammer Landing Resort. Apartment Espoir is for individualists that can sustain themselves. We had the studio which was perfectly fine with a small kitchenette that had everything you needed, a bathroom big enough to definitely not get lost in and a balcony with a nice view of the garden, the hills north of the capital and the ocean. Within a mere 5 minutes you're down at Labrelotte Bay beach and everything else you just get to by car. Getting used to driving on the 'wrong' side of the road was actually easier than we thought. Finding Espoir at first was a bit tricky though, because some of the signs that should lead the way were nowhere to be seen. I'd suggest replacing them if they haven't been replaced already, since the mark on Google Maps is wrong.
As for the owners, Sabine and Keith are perfect hosts. Not only will they host you, but help you in any way thinkable if you need help. If you want to be left alone they'll do that just as well. You should however not be intimidated by dogs. Although they are pretty sizeable they are very friendly, bordering on the affectionate.
Did we like the place? Well, certainly. Would we recommend it? Without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank biosfear

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time spent with us at Apartment Espoir. We appreciate guests feedback as it assists us in identifying guests' needs and areas to improve on to provide maximum guest satisfaction. Thank you once again.