“Hidden gem”

Cuisines: American
Windsor
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I really don t have anything negative to say about this restaurant my husband and I visit st lucia almost yearly as my parents reside there so there aren't t many restaurants on island we haven t sampled. Firstly the customer service is second to none and the food was brilliant, my favourite being the lunch specials which were one of the cheapest we ve had out of all the restaurants we visited, my only qualm would be the location, though it s situated near the cinema it is not obvious from the outset that it s a restaurant (had we not been told exactly where it was we could have missed it). Probably something the owners should look into, besides that it was a gem.

• Visited March 2012

NYC
“Hit and mostly miss”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We were staying nearby, so we got our order to go, so I cannot speak to the service or the dining experience. This review is about the food, which is average at best. I do not wish to damage the reputation of this restaurant--since I'm the first to review it--we heard good things from others, so it's possible our experience wasn't typical. We ordered fish&chips and a grilled mahi mahi.

The mahi mahi was good. It was a nice piece of fish and it was well prepared. The butter sauce was a bit much, but overall, okay. The steamed vegetables that accompanied it were boring, overcooked, and swimming in sauce. Ick.

The fish&chips were the low-light. We have no idea what type of fish this was and we should have asked because it looked and tasted awful. It was simply inedible. It also came with a pathetic looking salad and dressing was just dumped into the take-out box. The fries were fine. This was our most disappointing meal during our stay on the island and it wasn't cheap, about $50 EC.

• Visited January 2012