“Fantastic fun filled day”

Carnival Sailing Party Cruises
More attraction details
Owner description: Sail thru paradise aboard our beautiful Catamarans for a day of sailing fun in the sun. We offer the most reliable and upfront services in the industry, providing peace of mind so you can leave your everyday life behind. Carnival Sailing explores the historically rich and beautiful coast, the lushness of this beautiful island. Sail and swing to the swaying sounds of island music, just remember our trip includes plenty of fun, sun and Lucian hospitality.
Montreal, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic fun filled day”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We absolutely loved our day on the Carniavl Soufriere Adventure tour. I had looked in to doing a tour down to Soufriere with my 59 year old mother with arthritic knees, 25 year old brother, my 4 year old son and I. Of course I wanted us all to have a good time and also to make sure it would be safe and appropriate for my son and mother. This cruise was the perfect mix of everything. It was a grey, rainy ay as we left Castries. The rain held up and we sat out on the nets on the front of the catamaran on our way up the coast. We got to see about 35 dolphins on our way, the captain diverted the boat and we got quite close, the dolphins were jumping out of the water and generally it was very amazing. My son fell asleep on my lap (of note I had brought along a life jacket for him which I have always done while travelling as it makes it so much easier and then I don't feel I have to worry about him as much). We arrived in Soufriere and got into 2 van buses holding about 12 ppl each. We drove up to the botanical gardens and had an informative tour about the different plants and got to look at the waterfall. It was very nice. I had read that the waterfall was sometimes just a trickle, I'm sure this depends on the time of the year and recent rain fall, either way I think it would be pretty cool but I guess it depends on your attitude going in. Then we were brought to Fond Doux Plantation for lunch. This was a cocoa plantation (previously) and it was a nice location in the rainforest with a nice jungle. We we greeted with rum punch and guava juice, seated at nice wood tables in a restaurant open to the jungle. The lunch was buffet style with fresh salad, "banana salad", rice with veggies, mashed sweet potato with cheese, plantains and (?breadfruit), fish and very tasty chicken. There was also a good hot sauce. Then desert included star fruit and passion fruit in a light caramel sauce. Very good lunch, we all really enjoyed it. We then went to the "drive in volcano". This is a suffer smelling area with steam coming out of the ground. My brother took my son on the volcano tour, he said they enjoyed it and he learned about the volcano's history. My mother and I went to the mud baths. It was a lot of fun, the water is dark grey and you dip in, it was nice a warm but not too hot. Apparently when it is very sunny the pool heats up quite a bit more as it is a concrete structure. If I had known it wouldn't be hot maybe I would have brought my son as it was a lot of fun. Smearing the dark grey mud all over ourselves and then we went back to bathe in the dark grey water. I would recommend wearing a darker coloured bathing suit, I wore black and my mom had purple but the inner lining of her suit was white and ended up a grey colour afterwards, which was fine and it mostly came out after a few good washes. Then we went back to the boat and went snorkelling in the bay opposite the Pitons. We saw some nice fish, big blue ones, yellow ones, lots of smaller fish and it was very nice, they had all the snorkelling gear provided including fins. We were the only ones snorkelling at the time and once everyone was done (45 minutes) we left again. There was lots of drink options at the bar, rum punch for all. They had dancing and had a treasure hunt for a bottle of sparkling wine. They also gave out a few bottles of wine to couples on the boat, it was a lot of fun. Most importantly I felt this cruise was safe and a lot of fun for all of us. It is a lot to cover in a day so of course some of us could have spent longer in any one of the activities but overall it was a good mix of everything. Very good value for money. I would definitely recommend it. In fact I think the fact that we went on a rainy-ish day was to our advantage as it was not too busy or hectic at any of the locations. Also it was Sunday which may have had something to do with it. Very fun!
(Of note we didn't buy anything but at the botanical gardens there was food (inc Popsicles) and crafts for sale, also at the volcano there were local artisans with necklaces and wood carvings for sale)

Visited October 2013
1 Thank E W

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun-tastic Carnival”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

A wonderful half day cruise, the crew are a delight and know how to party, but more importantly know how to party safely! The sail to soufriere is not rushed and you get to take in the sights by sea, then you dock at Sugar beach where you can snorkel and swim.
Then it is back on the boat to party with the beautiful Pitons as a back drop as the warm sun sets.
It was a memorable cruise - so thank you Captain Chang, Lewann, Junior and William Shakespeare !

Visited October 2013
Erskine, United Kingdom
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband & I booked the Virgin Ahoy trip which took us on the catamaran trip to Soufriere. Whilst there, we got the excursion to the diamond waterfall then onto lunch in the place where the zip-lining is done, which was very tasty. We then headed up to the volcano.

On the return trip we were lucky to see a large pod of dolphins. You get great views of the pitons to show off on your pictures when you go home. You get the chance to snorkel on the return journey & take a short trip into Monterey bay to view the fab houses & boats.

All your drinks on the boat is included & the staff are exceptionally friendly. Would highly recommend to couples, families or a group of friends.

Visited September 2013
Castries
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tropical Bliss”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We did three tours with this company Soufriere adventure, Chocolate decadance and their party cruise, it was fun-ta-bulous! Sugur knows how to roll her waist and the dj onboard is slamming. After the sunset the party starts it's the perfect way to start a Friday night.

Visited June 2013
Nottingham
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“An amazing day at sea and on St Lucia”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We took a day excursion with Carnival Sailing during our honeymoon in St Lucia.
We choose the souffriere adventure.
We were picked up from our hotel and taken to the catamaran. After a lovely trip we docked at the Souffriere and went to see the botanical garden.
We then had lunch in a restaurant situated on the mountain with the most amazing views.
On the trip back we enjoyed sunbathing on the boat and then snorkling among the fishes and other amazing sea creatures from St Lucia.
We had an amazing time. Lovely crew.

Visited January 2013