“Amazing St. Lucia”

Iyanola Dive Ventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Iyanola Dive Ventures Inc. introduces itself with this aim - the best Quality Divers and services available on island. We consider safety, quality and customer service to be our highest priority, wanting to offer more to our diving guests than only diving itself.
Illinois
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“Amazing St. Lucia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was embarking on my first certified dive in the Caribbean. Well, this two-tank dive did not disappoint. The boat met us at the port on time as promised. All included equipment was available and in decent shape. We set off to the Pitons and dove one of the walls. Oh. My. Goodness. It was one of the best adventures of my life. There’s so much marine life to see – eels, coral, so many types of fish I couldn’t count.

Unfortunately, at some point, we got separated from our DM. Thinking we must’ve gotten caught in drift. Nevertheless, they made sure we were buddied up and insisted we stay with our buddy (Diving 101). When we ascended, the boat quickly located us and brought us aboard. Other pairs were already on the boat. The DM and other divers ascended a short time after we did.

Our next destination was Anse Chastanet. The DM for THIS dive was extremely attentive. He pointed out marine life and gave us plenty of time to take pictures. The typical tap on his tank and we’re off again. He was constantly searching, ensuring that all divers are accounted for. The last dive went off without a hitch. Basic snacks provided and reminders to stay hydrated.

I still maintain very close contact with my dive buddy from that trip. We’re planning future trips together. I had a wonderful time diving with Iyanola Dive Adventures. I could easily dive with them again on future trips to St. Lucia.

Visited March 2013

new york
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Excellent dive and snorkel trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We found Iyanola through other reviews on tripadvisor, and I cannot recommend them highly enough. We only had 1 day on St. Lucia (we were on a cruise ship), so it was very important to us to make the most of it. We needed an operator who could accommodate my 17 year old son, who is a certified scuba diver, as well as the other 3 members of my family who wanted to snorkel. Curtis and Charlie did this perfectly (not all operators will take divers and snorkelers, and when they do, the snorkelers usually are not their priority). We wanted to dive near the Pitons, which is quite a distance from the cruise ship terminal. We avoided the operators who drive you to that area, as the roads and traffic can be unpredictable, and we were concerned about getting back in time.
Curtis picked us up at the ferry dock, just a few steps from our cruise ship. There was only one other family aboard, so we received very personalized attention. The trip out to the dive sites was smooth and comfortable. Prior to entering the water, we were briefed on the sites, and they showed us pictures and a quick description of the fish and coral that we would see. As it turned out, the day we went, only my son was diving, so he basically had 2 private dives with the dive master, while the rest of us snorkeled. Curtis stayed on the boat following the snorkelers, within close proximity of the divers. The second site was a drift (Superman Flight), which was one of the best sites we've ever visited (including the Great Barrier Reef).
It was quite a long day, including the ride to and from the dive sites, but we were sorry it had to come to an end. Curtis provided plenty of assorted drinks and snacks to suit any taste, including delicious fresh mango, so we were never hungry or thirsty (no need to worry about lunch until after the trip).
Curtis and Charlie were friendly and safety conscious, and basically planned the day around our requests. We were especially happy when we saw the other boats at each dive site with 24 divers cramped together shoulder to shoulder the whole time. We were relaxed and comfortable, with room to move around.
We contacted several other operators before booking with Curtis, and rejected each for various reasons (overbooking, needed to arrange our own taxi to dive sites, restrictive cancellation policies). We definitely made the right choice with Curtis, and would book with him again without any concerns.
Two important recommendations, however: Curtis does not always return emails right away, so calling him directly is the best means of contacting him. I spoke to him by phone 3 times prior to our trip, and he was easy to reach and knew of our booking right away. And finally, unlike other operators, he did not require a deposit in advance. So please, if you book with him and your plans change, be courteous and let him know well in advance, so he is not left with no shows the day of an excursion. It is a small, family business, that is dependent upon your honesty as well as his own.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank mzipkin
“St Lucia's Finest Dive Guides!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I visited St Lucia in September and were told about Iyanola by a local diver. I just can't say enough about the terrific experience we had diving with Charlie and Curtis! Friendly, knowledgable and professional, they made every single dive special for us! Surface intervals spent having lunch at Anse Chastenet was the icing on the cake! Highly recommended by Kevin and Lori

Visited September 2013
Wyoming, Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Dive St.Lucia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had arranged a two tank dive through the cruise ship on our visit to St.Lucia. Iyanola Dive Ventures was our dive operator. Curtis and Charlie were our dive masters. The dive sites were right under the Pitons, Superman's Flight and Grand Caille. Both were drift dives. The reef system is in excellent shape with colors and fish density we have not seen elsewhere in the Caribbean.This is a very diver friendly professional dive operation. The dive equipment was in great shape. Curtis detailed dive plan, reviewed the species of fish, eels,worms and sponges we might see and went over hand signals and safety information. We saw three large invasive Lion fish on the second dive. St.Lucia has outstanding diving and we definitely want to come back. (There also is a hyperbaric chamber on the island.) This operation uses a small roll off dive boat so you don't have to worry too many divers on the trip. We felt very comfortable and enjoyed diving with this company and would absolutely use them again. I do wish they sold some Iyanola Dive Ventures gear/tees on the boat.

Visited August 2013
South Riding, Virginia
“This is what I look for in a good dive op!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I were hooked up with Iyanola through our accommodations on the island. We were a bit tentative as we had not heard of them, but I have to say that we lucked into one of the best dive ops we've had the pleasure of diving with. The dive briefings were comprehensive and consistent prior to each dive with lots of information on both the sites and what we would see. Curtis and Charlie are knowledgeable, friendly and personable ... and very importantly, they're experienced! The DAN O2 kit was right up front, which made me happy. All of this led up to some very fun diving! For reference, my wife has around 20 dives under her belt and I have around 150 and both enjoyed Iyanola. Thanks for the great diving!

Visited July 2013